10 minute sonnet

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas]

Reaction score
A long time ago in secondary school, my friend wrote a sonnet. It was really nice and I was like 'I wanna do that'!

Anyway I said I would try and write one in 10 minutes before we had class. He said it was impossible! But I think it was strangely enough one of the better pieces I've written... Idk really. Everything just seemed to come flooding out as I wrote it =x.

Recently, these words have started to mean a whole lot more to me. So I wanted to get them out on here =x.

------------------

It’s been so long since I last saw her face
She made it all so easy at her touch
I wish she could be mine, a dreamy place
Where she would be my queen I love so much
It pains me not to be there by her side
A dagger piercing my soul from the start
She is to me a beauty that I cried
For years since when she left and broke my heart
It seems unfair she does not understand
My feelings that subside when I pursue
My knowing she’ll be here to take my hand
When dark times make it all seem so untrue
When will she recognize the life I crave?
Most likely by the time I’m in my grave.

If you really wrote that in 10 minutes, that's truly remarkable. I've counted the syllables and stressed, and it truly seems to be iambic pentameter to the very syllable. Well done.

I don't believe you wrote that in ten minutes, lol. But on second thought it's very simple, precise and avoids any unnecessary descriptive pretense; a mistake one usually does when they have too much time to muddle it up. So, perhaps you did. It's pretty **** good, ten minutes or not; it's heartfelt, to the point and aching. Maybe I'll give that try. :)

Latest posts

Back