20 from California

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Atomic Rabbit

I don't see how anyone could be happy in California.
But apart from that, I'm just in a crap time in my life. I feel like I'm stuck on pause. I don't really have friends, not here anyways (I moved out here 2 and a half years ago). I have a boyfriend...but, sometimes I don't think he see's how bad I feel, and he certainly can't fix it.
I don't really like talking about my problems, which in itself is a problem. I spend a lot of time doing nothing, and although this, as I'm sure doesn't sound bad, is miserable.
I've got to go but I'm sure I'll be posting more this week.

Alas, one of my kind. Hummmm...welcome to the forum. Hummm gal, have you tried talking to your boyfriend about your unhappiness?

yeah, I mean I've talked to him as much as I can stand to (not that I don't like talking to him, I just don't particually like talking about my problems, it usually turns into this long thing that goes in circles...its exausting) but I feel like I'm lacking depth to my life.
And I live in the valley, near Fresno.

Hi Atomic Rabbit, welcome to the forum :)
I know the exhaustion you feel. I always end up just accepting how the person is if they're really hard to talk to. It helped way much for me. I hope things turn out good for you soon :)

Hello Atomic and welcome.
Hopefully you'll feel comfortable having people here to talk to.
Spending time doing nothing is the worst!!!
I go crazy thinking myself into a well of depression when I don't keep busy!
Well we'll see ya around and enjoy your stay :p

Hi, Atomic Rabbit. I am new to the forums too, and I really related to your post. I moved this summer and outside of my family and boyfriend, I am not well acquainted with anyone here. I'm also starting to realize that I spend so much time obsessing over my problems that I'm not leaving myself any energy to go about fixing them. My boyfriend tries to help, but his psych degree can only get us so far.

I know that keeping busy has always helped me through rough patches in the past, so lately I've been looking into joining some social groups I found on the Meetup website and taking a class at the local university this spring. Have you been able to try anything like this where you live?

hi atomic rabbit. welcome 2 the ....... rabbits den???
man u all r multiplying like............. rabbits LoL

... there goes the neighborhood

Yeah I miss Nashville so much, at least people there are less racist.

Latest posts

Back