29 Years Old and never been in a relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the jist of what MissAbiotic is saying. A relationship isn't the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

The high points are probably a bit better than they are when you are single (primarily the regular sex in the first few months lol) but the potential for stress and unhappiness remain at least as great if not more so (especially if self esteem issues play a role).

I really can't speak on weight loss with any authority, but please know that the right person will want and care for you in whatever stage you are of getting where you want to be.

I can relate man, I was around 400 lbs at 28. People treat you different when your fat and they really treat you very different when your fat and self-conscious (which was what I was). The truth is only some (and I stress the word some) women will date a fat guy. Most of these women will date you if your either very funny or very self-confident. I spent 6 years during most of my 20's near 400 lbs and during those 6 years I spoke with maybe 30 women my age, I had 2 crushes that ended in rejection, and I was very lonely.

The first thing I would do is figure out a plan to help with the weight. I lost my weight on my own and I can tell you now that it is 10x harder then having a plan with a friend or professional. If your serious then hire a professional. It's much cheaper in the long run and has a seriously higher chance of being successful. Do the following:

1. Gym Trainer : This is the best option because there are no excuses, they will make you lose weight whether you want to or not. Don't go some of the time either. Make it a 5 days a week thing with training whenever you can. Don't give yourself any time to make excuses. The gym can make you self-conscious at first when you see so many healthy people in there but I promise you will be surprised at how many 300lb people come in as well. I know the embarrassing feeling of someone seeing what you have done to yourself, trust me, 300 lbs is actually extremely common. Don't feel the need to run or kill yourself on the machines. Exercise slow at first and then slowly increase your pace. Have a plan to gradually increase the distance or time every week.

2. Get a nutritionist or join an online nutrisystem or weight watches : This seems like a cliche but if you actually follow their program you will feel better and have more energy. You MUST exercise also, many of us try to act like we will lose weight through diet. This is honeysuckle and we know it, it's an excuse not to have to exercise and it never ever works completely. Unless you live on salad and water for months dieting won't do honeysuckle other than let you lose a pound a week if your lucky. What it will do is make you feel energetic and motivated knowing that your not working against your time at the gym.

3. Watch the honeysuckle out of the Biggest Loser. This stuff might be crap programming but the Biggest Loser will show you that it's possible to lose weight fast. Yeah, we know it's healthier to take your time. Sometimes you just need to see those before an after pictures to let you know it's possible.

4. Meditate : Just sit still for 15 minutes without thinking of anything but breathing in and out. Do this twice a day and use a timer so you don't have to wonder how much longer you have. You will be amazed how much this evens you out and takes away stress. Every time I felt overworked or depressed I would meditate. It really helps if you actually do it. Our minds are so busy all of the time sometimes a short break can bring you back to what matters.

If your like I was then I am guessing you want to lose the weight fast. The truth is you can lose 100 pounds easily in 3 months if your willing to bust your ass. It will suck. You will sweat. Your food will taste like honeysuckle and any fat or cynical people you know will purposely try to tempt you to take a break. It only took me around 8 months to lose 200 pounds. The only thing I regret is not getting professional help because I probably could have lost the 200 pound in 6 months with it.

If you need someone to talk to then private message me. There is nothing regarding your weight you can tell me that I haven't experienced. I know it seems like such a serious thing but I promise it is only in your mind, losing weight takes no time at all if you keep a healthy mind.

For a good relationship what all matter is how you treat the other people and how much you care about them. Any one can get attracted to anybody there are no rules for that. Just be confident about yourself.

26. I've never kissed a girl. Touched some T&A, but I was so busy coping with the fact that I couldn't keep my arms and legs still or my heart rate below marathon sprinting levels that I barely count it. No relationships either. I've hated myself with a passion as well. Am recovering.

I quit everything except weed so I can't help you there either.
It is certainly not the cause of any of your problems, but one less thing to blow your money on is definitely a plus in this day and age.

One thing I can tell you is that your weight doesn't mean honeysuckle.
I mean it. I have two fat acquaintances who get girls.
One of them is in a band so it's whatever, but the other I don't have a bloody ******* clue how he does it. He also weighs nearly 300 pounds.
I think it is purely his personality because he's not bright.
He told me once that he just tells girls he's fat because awesome needs room to breathe. I am so glad I just remembered that quote he said. I needed to smile at least once today to check it off my list.

How could another chicken honeysuckle pansy say such a thing?
I've lost almost 100 hundred pounds. 297 to 208. I'm 5'11.
I double take in the mirror all the time now.
Where the HELL did I go?
WHO THE HELL AM I?

Yet I am still who I am.
Now at least when I tremble it doesn't appear as if someone just threw a pebble at me. I still haven't talked to any girls since I have. Now I just feel like I'm stringing my own self along; just a little bit more then I'm ready. Just a little bit more then I'm ready. Just a little bit more then I'm ready. Just a little bit more then I'm ready. Just a little bit more then I'm ready.

Just a little bit more then I'm 30.

It just plain and simple doesn't matter.

What matters is that you like you.
I am just learning that out for myself.

I can top that. I'm 42 and have never been in a relationship. It's been six years since my last sexual encounter. (not counting myself) I have low self esteem and can't imagine anyone finding me attractive. I just have quickie sexual encounters with strangers (in the dark) every once in a blue moon. It's awful! I would love to be in a relationship.

Latest posts

Back