4eva alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty

Reaction score
Lately a lot of my friends have been getting into these seemingly fulfilling relationships, one even says he's in love. It's made me think about how chronically single I've been the past few years.

My last super serious girlfriend was the last time I've made a real, long-lasting and fulfilling connection. I still talk to that girl and sometimes feel like I'm the biggest idiot for not doing everything within my power to be with her (we live across the country from each other now). She was the only girl I can truly say I've loved. Even she seems to be with someone she is really excited about, which I figured anyway because she stopped talking to me.

I've dated a lot this past year, but no single dating situation went past a few months, nothing lasted. The one girl I was dating the longest said to me, after my car was totaled and I was in the ER, "oh that sucks." She never attempted to visit or see how I was doing with my cracked ribs.

The last two official dates I've had I've been stood-up on both occasions. It was even at the same restaurant. It made me feel really stupid and unworthy of anyone's time. I'm talking to a girl now who wants to hang out with me and I think we might have potential but honestly I might not pursue anything because I'm tired of being so disappointed. I'm tired of not being able to make a deeper connection with a significant someone. Of not being with someone where you bring out the best in each other just by being with them.

I feel like I'm never going to find that again. 4eva alone.

If it makes you feel any better, your track record is much better than most people on this forum. I'm 22 and have never had a proper relationship. And many here have experienced less of the opposite sex than I have...

Stonelands said:
If it makes you feel any better, your track record is much better than most people on this forum. I'm 22 and have never had a proper relationship. And many here have experienced less of the opposite sex than I have...

Don't feel bad, Stonelands. When I was 22, I hadn't had a relationship yet either, hadn't even kissed a guy. You still have plenty of time :)

I've not had a relationship for a few years either, although at the moment I don't feel in the position to date or anything. If anyone is in this situation it's tough wanting a relationship and noticing how everyone else is in one; in fact you notice this more.

In my situation I know I won't be alone for the rest of my life, when I'm content with the way things are going then maybe I'll consider something like a serious relationship. A common thing is that it'll take time, for some people it's not something that happens instantly.

daughter of the moon said:
Stonelands said:

Don't feel bad, Stonelands. When I was 22, I hadn't had a relationship yet either, hadn't even kissed a guy. You still have plenty of time :)

not the right topic but stonelands you're handsome!

Latest posts

Back