A Blind date (sort of)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
Last Wednesday this woman I've known for 10 years came into my workplace. We had a chat and she knows I'm single so she tried to set me up with her next door neighbour. This has never happened to me before so I was taken aback a bit. I didn't know what to say. I did say I would add this woman onto my facebook.

I did 'add' her and since then she has been sending me a few messages, taking an interest in my golf game. She hasn't gone overboard with her messages which I like and we do share some interests. I usually hate anything like this. My facebook photo is me when I'm 11 so she has no idea of what I look like. I'm not confident about my looks at all. She came on the 'chat' tonight and it was pretty obvious she wants to meet me. I don't think I was making it easy for her. She put 'can't wait to meet you' and that just makes me worried. I hate the thought of her getting a bit excited and then seeing me and thinking 'oh god' - I know women aren't like that really but it does concern me.

After alot of chat, she said she was coming into my workplace a week on Saturday to 'meet me' - she will recogonize me because I wear a name badge. I don't think is a bad idea because I am alot more confident at work than away from work. It's very busy on Saturdays though so I won't get much chance for a chat. I wonder if it's a good idea to invite her for a coffee somewhere ?

Ask her out for the coffee. Just don't try too hard to impress her. Chances are she is going to be a little nervous as well. I went out on a date once and was as nervous as a hooker in church, let me tell ya. lol Talk about her some as well. No girl likes to hear a guy bring up conversation that involves only him.

LOL....the last time a chick tried to hook me up with her friend. I ran like hell
I should had known better becuase my chick friend is hawt.
You know how t is somewtime when you see chicks together as friends.
One pretty one and one ugly one.

Lonesome Crow said:
LOL....the last time a chick tried to hook me up with her friend. I ran like hell
I should had known better becuase my chick friend is hawt.
You know how t is somewtime when you see chicks together as friends.
One pretty one and one ugly one.

I've seen her photo on facebook and she is attractive. Seems to be interested in the things I am: Reading etc.

Drawback is she has 2 kids and has recently split from some bloke. (The Dad ?) - I'm not thinking about it that much, all she is doing is coming into my work to say 'hello'

I guess she feels empty. Theres something missing inside of her.
Someone, somehow is going to fill that emptiness she's seeking.
(k...on an emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual level)
I wrote that becuase freaken some women actually have sex as the first thing on thier mind and think about sex more than I do. LMAO

So it might as well be you...if you want.
Dont over think it.

She made her moved...
Your turn.
Keep it simple.

It might just be a fling or it can turn into something more.
You're never ganna know unless you make your move and get to know her. The biggest risk you'll take is not to take a risk....

You can wasted your time cock blocking yourself.(as your doing)
or listen to others for advice to help you cock block yourself even
more...

Or you can simply just go with the flow and live it for whatever
it may be.

Life is too **** short...she or you might get hit by a bus tomorrow..So some dude might just run into her as she walks
out of the parking lot after coming into your work...

I know how it is - projecting things and all. Dude, coffee is fine. Lunch, and a walk in the park or a place with lots to look at is fine too. It's only a first date, not that you have to commit to anything. Go out, have fun, and enjoy the moment with her. If everything goes well with both, you both might decide to set up another one.

What time do you usually get off of work? If you think you're going to be busy, have her meet you there at the end of the day when you're getting ready to leave and the two of you could head out to get coffee or a bite to eat. Or depending on how long your lunch break is, you could have coffee then as well. If neither of these are possible, try having her come a different day. It would be sad if she came in to talk to you, yet you were too busy to do so.

gnome3 said:
I know how it is - projecting things and all. Dude, coffee is fine. Lunch, and a walk in the park or a place with lots to look at is fine too. It's only a first date, not that you have to commit to anything. Go out, have fun, and enjoy the moment with her. If everything goes well with both, you both might decide to set up another one.

Well I've had no luck with asking women over the years, I've gone off the coffee idea. So I'll 'meet' her in a weeks time at work when she comes in. With it been so busy I'm not sure it will be anything more than a smile and an 'hello'

Sterling said:
What time do you usually get off of work? If you think you're going to be busy, have her meet you there at the end of the day when you're getting ready to leave and the two of you could head out to get coffee or a bite to eat. Or depending on how long your lunch break is, you could have coffee then as well. If neither of these are possible, try having her come a different day. It would be sad if she came in to talk to you, yet you were too busy to do so.

I finish at 12 on Saturdays. I did tell her that. She did say she uses my shop occasionally. And she is coming in on Saturday for some shopping. She did want to know when I was going to be in. It might just be curosity on her part, seeing what I look like.

I don't want to get ahead of myself.

You're doing well by not over-thinking or getting ahead of yourself. Developing relationships seems to be a lot like a game of checkers when all the players are expecting chess. Be sure to let us know how it all works out. Best of luck.

FunkyBuddha said:
You're doing well by not over-thinking or getting ahead of yourself. Developing relationships seems to be a lot like a game of checkers when all the players are expecting chess. Be sure to let us know how it all works out. Best of luck.

Thanks !

Alot seems to be happening at the moment.

There's this woman, another one who I did ask out (that's mentioned in another thread) and the woman who plays golf with me. I'm working in her shop tommorrow.

I have to say, be honest with people. A pic of you @11 on FB is all you have? Put a recent pic up. Nothing wrong with having past pics and memories from the past on there, but I think everyone should have a recent pic

Rayboy said:
I have to say, be honest with people. A pic of you @11 on FB is all you have? Put a recent pic up. Nothing wrong with having past pics and memories from the past on there, but I think everyone should have a recent pic

I don't allow anyone to take a photograph of me. I hate it. If anyone points a camera at me I will turn away. I don't use facebook to meet people. She is an exception mainly because it was the easiest way of getting in touch with her.

That's the main reason why I haven't asked her out yet. She hasn't met me yet or seen what I look like.

putter65 said:
Rayboy said:

I don't allow anyone to take a photograph of me. I hate it. If anyone points a camera at me I will turn away. I don't use facebook to meet people. She is an exception mainly because it was the easiest way of getting in touch with her.

That's the main reason why I haven't asked her out yet. She hasn't met me yet or seen what I look like.

Don't worry about your looks :D

Ak5 said:
putter65 said:
Rayboy said:

It's hard not to, I am not a good looking bloke.

She's just been on facebook chatting with me. She seems very excited about Saturday and meeting me. I know I probably come across as sweet and nice on my facebook page. I just hope she isn't disapointed when she see's what I look like. I don't want to get into my looks because it's depressing for everyone. But my looks are offensive on a first glance. When people get to know me they realize how nice I am so I don't have any problems getting along with people, including women.

I just hope I'm in a good mood on Saturday :)

putter65 said:
Ak5 said:
putter65 said:
Rayboy said:

It's hard not to, I am not a good looking bloke.

She's just been on facebook chatting with me. She seems very excited about Saturday and meeting me. I know I probably come across as sweet and nice on my facebook page. I just hope she isn't disapointed when she see's what I look like. I don't want to get into my looks because it's depressing for everyone. But my looks are offensive on a first glance. When people get to know me they realize how nice I am so I don't have any problems getting along with people, including women.

I just hope I'm in a good mood on Saturday :)

Your good-looking. Period.

Continue being sweet and nice, with a touch of confidence and she'll like you. :D

Got to admit, I'm looking forward more and more to Saturday.

I mean I'm 43 and I became interested in girls when I was 16, so that's 27 years. A long time.

Her friend, the one I know sent me this message on facebook and seemed to suggest this woman would like to goto the cinema with me. That's what she was getting at. I think if Saturday goes well I will ask her.

Of course I am not sure how Saturday will go or she will even turn up.

Latest posts

Back