A boring life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello and welcome to the forum. I can relate to you somewhat as I'm pretty much a loner most of the time. I hope that you find what you're looking for. Feel free to PM me any time. :D

LonelyGuyT said:
Interesting. Well I do watch music and Tv shows, but I don't do it often enough to call it a hobbie. What is your best TV show ?

I don't watch TV shows enough say that I watch them. In the past I would watch them when my ex watched stuff, so, whatever she liked. Girl stuff =p

Otherwise, I occasionally enjoy action, sci fi, supernatural, and/or martial arts movies/shows. Mythbusters is interesting, but that's not something I would sit down and watch exclusively, I would put it on in the background while doing other things, if anything.

Not only your username but actually something in your style made me spontaneously think of you as a girl...

I'll take that as a compliment!

Well, I'm not the alpha male type of guy anyways, so this suits me better in my opinion, haha... >_>;

Hm, well. It does seem that it would be difficult for you to relate with someone considering how you have... so little "passion" (hobbies). You sure you don't have other interests? Listening to music... do you play an instrument? Sing?

Yeah actually where I live hobbies or passions are not the key to make friends. I am living in third-world country so people rather spend their time either working or hanging out uselessly in the street, gossiping or playing football. If I shared their character I would have been one the most popular person among them. But I'm quite intellectual for them and honestly spending time with them is not something I long for...

Well, this is the internet. As there aren't many things you can do together over the internet.. common interests or similar life style are basically the two things that keeps a friendship going.

Are there things you would like to do though? Topics to discuss?

Well, I read in your profil that you have social anxiety! I d be glad to help. I used to have that and now had overcame it 100% (I am still asocial, but I don't care anymore what people think of me)

The tips I followed inclueded, taking courage, and approach people, asking for the time, or for help. Then, learning to be assertive and to say no. Those really helped me get rid of social anxiety. When you walk by people, in order to overcome self conciousness, walk and try not to fight the feeling of anxiety that arouses, instead let it hurt you a little, as you confront the situation of being exposed to people's look. This is how I overcame self-consciousness

Yeah, that's the general answer. I agree with all of that. If you're afraid of heights, go to high places often. If you don't like spiders, experiment with spiders. If you're afraid of the water, go swimming.

I was thinking on what YOU can do to help. Which actually might turn out to be difficult, since the solution is for me to go out, and you're only available online.

Thanks.

Feeling a bit tired and discouraged today. My violent and agressive older brother yelled at me over a very silly thing and now I'm feeling very low. I am usually the kind to stand up for myself and I didn't really let him walk over me easily, but he's still stronger and I have to let go of my rights very often when it comes to him. HE's really a dislikable person, there is no kindness of love in his heart. So selfish an authoritarian that it's completely impossible for me to approach him. He makes me feel sick. I am sorry but sometimes I wish he dies. I need some encouragement and support messages people. Thanks in advance

Welcome. I'm sorry for what you are going through now. I am sure you do not truly want your brother to die, but you do wish he would change his attitude. I wish I had some awesome advice to give right now, but I don't. All I can do is sympathize. Hopefully you can avoid him much of the time and just hang in there.

Thank you monos. I ve been enduring his mistreatment all my life. He's so violent and treats me unfairly, so violent and harsh, that honestly, I've come to really wish to get rid of him. Either by his death, or one of us getting a job and leaving the house. I can't bear him

Latest posts

Back