a few things at work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SofiasMami said:
A lot of your coworkers sound gossipy and rude. I agree with the other commenters about making a snappy comeback. A few of those and they might start minding their own business.
May I gently suggest not having "someone like you can't be choosy" up by your name - it's one thing to have a Nosy Nelly muttering that at work, it's another thing to own it -don't own it :)

-Teresa

yes there is too much gossiping going on. I try to keep out of it but it's impossible. I am going to keep a low profile tomorrow though.

Triple Bogey said:
I don't ever complain at work about my relationship status. I keep quiet about it.
Yet every time I walk in within 5 minutes somebody has mentioned it. Some patronizing honeysuckle like 'you'll meet somebody nice one day'
I shrug it off and say I'm not that bothered. People nag me about joining dating sites. Every woman I mention, they jump to conclusions and think I am wanting to go out with them.
Just very annoying.

I sympathize. Most people just want to see others be happy but don't realize that their very efforts are making us miserable.

I had a retail job where I dated a co-worker for a few months. People said we were perfect together. Then, we split up (her choice) and we still had to work with each other. (It was fine since we were very polite to each other.) However, I cannot tell you how many times I had people come up to me and say things like "Give her time. She'll realize her mistake and come back to you." Or, "Don't give up hope. I'm sure she was just scared, and when she calms down a bit, you two will be back together again."

Now, every person meant well, but they didn't understand that the relationship was finished. Over and done with. But I had to field these comments for months, and even now, long after leaving that store, if I ever visit, there are still people who tell me that they pray for us to get back together again. :(

TBogey, I do feel for you in this situation, particularly with the one who said you can't afford to be choosey. What a horrible thing to say. I wish there was a way to quash the gossiping in one comment, but everything I think of would be a different kind of "bad." It's a shame.

Looks don't matter to me like they once did. I watched my love die slowly of cancer. Once he got close to 5 year beech mark of free and clear he got another form of cancer. Bad teeth and hair, Skinny and pale. I saw all that taken away. I myself gained weight from thyroid and saw how I was treated different. Lost 100 lbs. It is sad to base so much on looks.

SofiasMami said:
Nice change on your user title. :)

-Teresa

thanks.

Nobody said anything to me today about that lady.
I noticed they have a nickname for her - J LO
I know why because she has a large behind.
When she walked in to start work they were snickering and laughing at her behind her back.
I wasn't of course. I would never do that.

Triple Bogey said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

thanks.

When she walked in to start work they were snickering and laughing at her behind her back.

Of course I bet they all look like models, none of them fat, skinny, tall, short, bald, wearing glasses or any slight imperfection at all...

Edward W said:
Triple Bogey said:
SofiasMami said:

-Teresa

thanks.

Of course I bet they all look like models, none of them fat, skinny, tall, short, bald, wearing glasses or any slight imperfection at all...

some people are just rotten. It's like been back at school. Some of them probably call fresia out of me as well !

The people you work with sound like ******** and that they are literally so bored that they play with people's lives. Maybe it's because I've never been in the same line of work as you, but most people in places I've worked don't talk about their personal lives. All I'all talk about casually is experiences I've had and insight into my nature-- I never talk about my family or my relationship status and I try to even keep my last name off the map. People don't need to know these things about me, and ultimately I don't trust them. This carefulness has fortunately saved me from becoming this kind of target.

You sound very civil, but truthfully, I would tell these gossips to go fresia themselves. It's none of their business.

They openly use the nickname J LO now for that woman.
I said 'that's not a very nice nickname'
I didn't get much of a response. They didn't think much wrong with it.

We talk all day about ourselves. Most people do that. Mostly to get thru the day.

the lass who said the line, I worked with her today and it was fine.
I am sure she blurted it out without thinking. She means well.
She never stops talking to me about girlfriends.
She's young and pretty so I don't think she understands what it's like to be me.

Triple Bogey said:

We talk all day about ourselves. Most people do that. Mostly to get thru the day.

That's nice that you're sticking up for the new person. Women can be downright vicious with each other when it comes to looks. It's why I only hang around a select few coworkers at my job. It never fails to amaze me when I hear some of the gossip going around the office.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Triple Bogey said:

That's nice that you're sticking up for the new person. Women can be downright vicious with each other when it comes to looks. It's why I only hang around a select few coworkers at my job. It never fails to amaze me when I hear some of the gossip going around the office.

-Teresa

they told the manager about the nickname and said it wasn't vindictive. They said they would loved to be called J LO themselves.
Fact is everybody knows J LO has a large backside, they wouldn't call this woman J LO to her face. It's a secret nickname so it's obviously not that nice.

Latest posts

Back