A life without bacon

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Callie said:
I actually get a lot of honeysuckle from people I know in real life because I don't eat meat. I'm the odd one out where I live, because it's not exactly the norm and I know no one else here that IS a vegetarian. Everyone I know hunts too, so....

As far as diet goes, vegans and vegetarians have to be careful to remember to supplement what we don't get from not eating meat. Which, if you don't do that, you could actually cause yourself a lot of issues concerning your health.

Kinda sad if people make bad comments about it towards you, imo people should respect your choice, as long as you don't tell other people all the time they can't/shouldn't eat meat it isn't a problem.

I know a few vegetarians, but you're the 1st one that says they need to supplement what they don't get from not eating meat.
If I say it they tell me it isn't true :)

I've also heard about people that even deny there dogs the meat they need, this isn't right imo a dog is a carnivore and really needs meat to be healthy, other than that it's live and let's live :cool:

I hate bacon personally. Anyway, there are varying diets to try out. I do not believe that eating one diet or another will extend or decrease your life. If anything I think it has more to do with your genes

From what I understand meat even when not fried has grease. To much for to long clogs arteries. Also people season their meat salt causes high blood pressure. Both can cause heart attacks and strokes.

Stormrider said:
Callie said:
I actually get a lot of honeysuckle from people I know in real life because I don't eat meat. I'm the odd one out where I live, because it's not exactly the norm and I know no one else here that IS a vegetarian. Everyone I know hunts too, so....

As far as diet goes, vegans and vegetarians have to be careful to remember to supplement what we don't get from not eating meat. Which, if you don't do that, you could actually cause yourself a lot of issues concerning your health.

Kinda sad if people make bad comments about it towards you, imo people should respect your choice, as long as you don't tell other people all the time they can't/shouldn't eat meat it isn't a problem.

I know a few vegetarians, but you're the 1st one that says they need to supplement what they don't get from not eating meat.
If I say it they tell me it isn't true :)

I've also heard about people that even deny there dogs the meat they need, this isn't right imo a dog is a carnivore and really needs meat to be healthy, other than that it's live and let's live :cool:

I'm used to it. There's a lot of things I do "outside the norm," so it's not like that's the only thing I get honeysuckle for. As far as me telling others what to do, it's entirely their choice and I would never try to get someone to not eat meat or whatever. I was once told that I "take my vegetarianism to extremes." Because I don't eat anything with meat products in it and I won't cook anything vegetarian in a place that meat products could splash in (IE, making vegetables right besides a pan of meat that is frying/boiling and could splash in). The MOST I've ever done to show that I don't like hunting is refuse to sit in a chair that has a deer head mounted on the wall directly above it. I never say anything about it, I just won't sit there.

Notice pigs are not an endangered species. Eating meat is good for wildlife preservation. If McDonalds starting selling panda-burgers, farmers would find a way of breeding them in their millions

Wise The Articulate said:
...Veggie leave me feeling hallow after a meal. I will feel full but not satisfied. A life with out meat is to hard to imagine...

I feel the same way. My wife's a vegetarian but no matter how much - or long I try it doesn't work for me. That hollow feeling can only be suppressed with chicken, beef or pork for some strange reason.

I had a coworker tell me about a family member of theirs who was a vegetarian since they were little. Apparently the vegetarian ended up getting some type of cancer, and the doctors told them they had to start eating meat if they were going to have any chance of fighting the cancer. I'm sure different doctors would have different opinions on the matter, but it's interesting to think about. I'm always curious as to how people live without eating meat; I don't think I could do it.

If someone told me I could never eat bacon again my response would probably be

[video=youtube]

... seriously though. Love bacon. But you shouldn't bash anyone for being vegetarian or anything.

If I were to go vegetarian I would have to be living in India - that's where the best vegetarian foods reside imo. As long as I didn't have to go without curry.

I think the secret is to eat more vegetables, esp. fresh ones. Let the vegetables displace some of the less healthy stuff from your diet. And bacon is ok in small amounts - the thing to remember is it has so much cholesterol that 1 slice is probably the appropriate serving size :( .

I think the latest study about beef leading to shorter life is overblown in the media. We don't know exactly what the connection is, and in non-experimental studies, there's always the question of whether they adequately controlled for other lifestyle/environmental factors (the biggest beef-eaters I know are all overweight men who like frieds with their beef and don't do cardio exercise... just saying :p).

I have not eaten pork since around 1989.

Turkey bacon is awesome because it allows me to eat bacon a couple of times per year.

Latest posts

Back