A lively loner

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoylesS

Reaction score
Hi. *deep breath* ...okay, I can do this.
I hate making these usually-awkward introductions so this is quite a chore. Oh well, my brain could use the mental exercise. BRAIN: "Nnooooooo!!!"
Anyway, I'm a 24 year-old female from Canada. When I'm comfortable enough, I will reveal to you my favorite color and astrological sign. You will then sign a confidentiality agreement.
I haven't gotten much sleep this past week so please forgive the eccentric and perhaps annoying ramblings of this post. Or my tendancy to wards speling errs. And sentence fragments.
I started out writing a more serious post but then I remembered that that bums me out so this will have to suffice. Humour (Shut up, spellcheck! This is how we Canadians spell the word!) is a wonderful thing.
However, a quick summary: I remember struggling with feelings of loneliness since elementary school. I was always a shy gal and never took the initiative in meeting new people. Usually I was introduced to them by someone else. So in class I sat quietly and kept to myself. Now try doing that year after year after year and you get the sad picture. (Maybe some people here went through something similar). I've had a few friends but ended up withdrawing from them. Hello depression.
Eventually I developed social anxiety and severe depression sometime in high school and things just got harder afterwards. Depression comes and goes but the social anxiety is always there. It's hard to leave the house but I try to force myself.
I want to get better but it's hard to get motivated. I feel like I'm missing out on everything. I need to learn to trust people more and open up to them without fear of being rejected or judged.
Plus other issues, yaddayadda, leave it for discussions later, and done.
So there it is...and I just realized that ending introductions is just as hard as starting them. Fff-*bleep* Er, I mean, good-bye (for now).

One more thing: if you're participating in the A Lonely Life - New members forum drinking game, I typed "lonely" in the Google search engine and this is how I found the forum in the first place. Enjoy.

*swallows a shot 'o' rum* lol

Welcome to the site. :) You seem very personable and witty to me... I dunno why others wouldn't find that quality in you to be endearing. Anyway, I think you'll fit right in here. :)

I think you sound adorable and fun! Folks will love you, it's a great group in here! :)

hi

i know how you feel
i am 16 in high school going tru the same fu**** thing
i dont go out cuz i am afrade idk of what
the depro gome and go i hate it
i am verry shy thats why i dont make new friends easy

i hope you fine what you want and look for in live...

i wanted to killmy self multeple times but cant get my self to do it

and btw sorry for my spelling :D

Hello and welcome JoylesS. :)

I can relate to your post, i am also a socialy anxious person and it takes a long time for me to open up to people. Meeting people i dont know can be a pain, i just get mindblank, especially if im in a group... people probably think im wierd because of it but i guess most people dont understand what its like to be socialy anxious too such an extent. :(

Welcome to the site!

I hope you don't take offense to this, but it does give a great intro to my personality... I totally thought this thread was called, "A lively boner".

nerdygirl said:
Welcome to the site!

I hope you don't take offense to this, but it does give a great intro to my personality... I totally thought this thread was called, "A lively boner".

Lol :p

I liked your intro! Humor is always good and I can totally relate with the social anxiety, severe depression in high school, having a hard time leaving the house and finding this place by googling "lonely", yup you're definitely not alone! :)

Hi joyless,
i'm new and i've also just finished typing a semi-depressing ramble about my situation...so i can relate to u.
its a shame that you're all the way in canada, coz u sound like a very cool, funny gal that anyone would be happy to know.
all the best from the land down under!

Hi JoylesS,

Humor just doesn't look right, does it? I'm a 23 year old Canadian who finds himself pretty lonely these days. I'm out of school now, but all of my roommates are still currently dragging their feet through the ivory tower. So it's hard for me to relate to their friends, you know?

I think you're very charming. I love your wit. It's really refreshing. :)

If you get bored, send me a message. I'd love to write you.

fondest,

Mr. Blue

PS. I'm nolonger a post virgin! Yay...

Latest posts

Back