a success story and some advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Switch

When I was around 13/14 I was extremely uncomfortable with myself all the time, I just felt like I was some odd puzzle piece that didn't fit into any picture. I never had friends when I was in school, and I stuck to myself most of the time. If you saw me at that time you’d never think that I wanted to fit in and be friends with everyone, but I did, I just didn’t see if for myself. So instead of dwelling on my differences and how it made it hard for me to belong anywhere, I began to think of things I wanted to accomplish, things that I thought would make me feel better about myself, and my PERSONALITY. Nothing superficial, as I chose goals that would build character and make myself more real, instead of relying on my looks of who I was friends with for confidence. I choose goals that were REALLY hard to reach at first. It was very difficult at times to keep going but I knew what I wanted. It’s been over two years since I wanted to change and I am so grateful I chose to make something of myself and create talents that will last forever. Although I still am quite solitude and don’t have many friends, I’ve pushed that aside and just settled with me being too different to fit in. And there’s nothing wrong with that because I don’t always need friends to be happy in life, I can wake up now and look forward to doing things I truly love.
I can't stress enough how important goals are because if you just chose something you TRULY want in life, whatever you want, big or small, you CAN have it, because nothing is ever impossible. And if you constantly dwell on goals and positive afirminations that you can achieve what you want, true happiness will come your way, no doubt. I know exactly what it feels like to feel so down that you can't even believe it, and I still feel like that sometimes, but know if there's something you want in life, conquer your fears and doubts, because by doing that you conquer failure. No one ever has to fit into some stupid, little spot to be happy.
After reading a lot of posts on this site I was astonished by how alike I am to a lot of people who tell their stories on here. As I was reading some of the posts I was nodding my head saying
“Yeah, that’s exactly how I am when I’m with other people!” But then I realized, maybe were not just unhappy sometimes because we don’t have a lot of people in our lives, but maybe because were looking for something else? But, I don’t know, that’s just me talking :D lol
Anyways, reply with your happy, success stories!!

yeah i cant believe most people didnt reply to this, to sum it up he means that if you focus on yourself you will be happy and like yourself after you acheive your goals, in return if you like yourself people will like you, and then everything will be set for you in life. it all begins within you.

hey, I cant believe I didn't see this thread sooner, and I couldn't agree more!

I've told my success story a few times already but it doesn't hurt to tell a bit more :)
I (like you) just started by looking at myself in a much more positive light. Coming to this forum really helped me, as I saw some of the stuff that other people were going through and realised just how pathetic I was being. I have it really easy I just didn't know it! I always hated the way I looked and this (I believe) is the reason behind my low self esteem and because of this, I'd never sampled something that I had always wanted, which was to simply be liked by a girl.
My new found self confidence has resulted in me getting a beautiful, intelligent girlfriend and for the moment I'm totally on top of the world! I do believe things can only get better from here :) but the day I start doubting myself again will be the day I revert back to my pathetic self loathing persona who achieves nothing!

I'm actually a girl lol but it's great to hear other people feel a postive manner towards themselves. I love that!

Hello,
I red your comment.That is wonderful.I appreciate your thought for sharing your own story,which may help the person to remove the depression and to make themselves motivate.Please try to share more inspiring stories here.

Latest posts

Back