Admitted to art school.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspalas

Reaction score
Last week I had to do an admission for an art institute, it went really well and they said I'd hear if I'd be admitted in about 2 weeks. Got an e-mail today, I'm in! I'm very happy because of every 15 candidates only 1 gets admitted. We had to make some work there, show our portfolio's and have a talk about our motivation etc. They didn't gave any hint on what they thought about my work (my portfolio and what I made there), but the conversation was one of the best I've ever had. Last year I worked as a fundraiser (trying to convince people to become a donor for a charity organisation), and I've learned a lesson or two about self-confidence and how to bond with people very easily, this definitely payed off. I could tell they were very impressed during our conversation and now my feelings are confirmed :).

Oh, and btw, does anyone have good idea's on how to write a nice (anonymous) valentines card to someone? I'm having a real hard time. I already know what "hints" I'm gonna put in it, but I really don't know what to write. I know she isn't very fond of poems, and although I'm able to write very good poems I decided not do do it. Still I don't know what to write... I don't want to come across too desperate or something, I just wan't to let her know I really like her, but not in a creepy obsessive way. I also don't want it too be a too straight forward card, it must really flatter her. Any tips are welcome.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your admittance, I'm doing an Art Degree myself and I know how nerve wracking and difficult it is to talk about your own work, who inspires you blah blah blah lol

I just applied for a Master Degree in Contemporary Fine Art for next year so I'll probably have to do the same thing you just did, I hate talking about my work like that xD

Congrats! :)

I have no idea what you should write in that Valentines Card, but you say it will be anonymous, so why not just tell her all the things you think are wonderful about her, anybody would love to hear that.

Thanks everyone! I still have admissions at other universities so I'm sure that will go well too. This is the biggest art school in our country though and it's the hardest to get admitted, so I'm pretty sure I'll go for this one.

Hi aspalas, congratulations on getting what you want. All the best for it. :)

As for the valentine's thingy - try googling about it? Sorry I'm not of much help on that - I suck with such things myself lol.

Latest posts

Back