Agrophobia

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailor Moon

Reaction score
My knees are locking in sometimes making it feel hard for me to walk down the street...

Everytime people walk by me I lose my walking balance then feel like I'm gonna fall....

Doctors over charge..cant afford the gym or recreational services...

Where can I go to be accepted ...where can i go to deal with my fear and anxiety and agrophobia..

I'm scared about being judged...I'm scared when people look at me..
I'm always scared and nervous if I'm doing anything right at all....
And what hurts the most is that I got rejected by a cute younger guy who was in the same situation like me ...

I'm trying to date again but it's hard....

The guy just looked at me ...talked ...asked me out...then after one day he said I'm sorry I dont want to be with you he crushed my heart...

He became further and further distancing himself from me....

I was finally happy...bubbly ..smiling alot...enjoyed the whole day with him..but he just told he wasn't interested in me anymore...and treats me like trash afterwards and I really liked him.

Ever since I broke up with my boyfriend things feel worse and more horrible

Me and him never really had the same interests are hobbies...we just ...were there ...same room that's it...barely talk and I couldn't go on with that type of relationship anymore....

I want to stop being scared and letting my agrophobia taunt me...

How can I overcome this huge thing...

Hey there.

I'm sorry to read about you getting rejected. I think that almost everyone knows how bad that stings, and continues to ache for a long time. There's no magic words to say that make that better. That's just going to suck until it's far enough in the past that you don't think of it often.

As for the agrophobia, I've had similar (although surely not as bad) issues with panic disorder and not being able to go certain places or be in certain situations. Feeling like you might die if you go in a certain store or find yourself in a particular place (ie: on an airplane) is hell.

How do you overcome it? well i'd say that you're taking the first huge step towards that goal. You're talking about it. You're asking for help/opinions in whatever way you can find it. even though you're limited by $ and such, you're reaching out. That's huge. Please don't stop doing that.

You want to stop being scared. Maybe you'll never stop being scared, but maybe you'll learn to function despite it. Just remember that the people we label "brave" (like soldiers and people who survive terrifying situations) are not people who aren't or weren't scared. They're as scared as anyone would be, but they don't let it make them give up. You're obviously not giving up, and that's awesome.

If i met someone who i KNEW was agrophobic and saw them always out and trying, whether they succeeded less than they failed, they would have my deepest respect, and would DEFINITELY be the type of person that i would want to spend time around (in hopes that maybe some of their awesomeness might rub off on me :D )

When I found myself becoming agrophobic, I forced myself to walk downtown every single day (about half a mile away). It took a long while for the fear to go, but in the end this saved me from becoming housebound. Maybe this could work for you? It's hard, but being stuck indoors for years on end would have been far harder in the long run.

i think agoraphobia is a fear of wide-open places, while agrophobia might be a fear of plants

What do I do with the awkward pauses and conversation...I only like classic anime and few classic games so it's already to start off a conversation...what should I do about conversations.

Hey!

do you like full metal alchemist?
its a popular one. but I feel like theres a deeper meaning in that anime than whats just being portrayed

What do you think about it.

thats sick. I never get to talk about anime with a girl before...

Honestly, it's difficult to answer your questions without more information. Do you work? Do you go to school? Do you live in a small town or a city? Do you have any friends or a large family? Depending on those answers the advice varies.

I have had severe social anxiety disorder/agoraphobia since my early 20's. Like you I had a fear of being seen, looked at and judged. Despite knowing that most who do look at me put me out of their mind the second they look away it doesn't change that constant paranoia, does it. It's just the way our minds operate. If medication isn't an option then the next best thing is to gather some confidence. You do this by focusing on the things you're good at. Everyone has something. Use that as a way to help you feel unique among others. Superior to them, as petty as that sounds. But you do that so when you're around others you can bolster your confidence knowing that you have something that others don't. It's a trick that works for some, doesn't for others.

Another thing is to be courteous and show interest in others when given the opportunity. A lot of people can be rude, obnoxious, indifferent, unaware, etc, and reaching out often fails - but then there will be that one time where it doesn't. You just have to keep trying. It sucks about the relationship with that guy. It sounds like either he was having more difficulty with his condition than you were, or you both just weren't meant for each other. Loneliness sucks, but if you're with the wrong person or just settling for a warm body it can feel like you're alone anyway. Worse still, alone And annoyed/disappointed.

Again, it's hard giving advice without knowing more about you and what your options are. But you have things about you worth knowing. We all do. Take those things, and go to where people value them. Even if it's only online. Use online friendships/relationships as a way to learn how to gain confidence in communicating. If you have to take babysteps, so be it. That's what I've done. Anyway, I wish you luck. :)

Thank you all for your tips.. I'm able to log on now....a month ago I had problems logging into this account so when I actually was able to log in I was like lazy...lol* But now I'm here reading all the comments...and I really appreciate you all for speaking out suggesting

Latest posts

Back