Is love a feeling? or is it a choice?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pink glasses or horny phase - it fades away after 2 years, so you are left with choice ...... Everything fades - so love is pure choice - I choose this and that ... not different than ordering food in restaurant . XD
:šŸ‘

yea, fair point So to fall in love we have to take the risk of changing yourself for this person, you are giving them power to change you?
I don't think it's really about giving someone else power to change you. It's more trusting yourself to choose what's right, and if what's right is choosing love, you are going to change in some way.

Pink glasses or horny phase - it fades away after 2 years, so you are left with choice ...... Everything fades - so love is pure choice - I choose this and that ... not different than ordering food in restaurant . XD
What you're describing isn't love. That's lust.

I woke from a dream this morning that really got me down. It involved my wife. The wife I remember, the fun one, the cheeky one, the one that got my motor running and turned me to jelly at the same time. I was sad because I wondered why all that had to change. I want that back. I know I still do love her. She's not a bad person, in fact, she's a very good person. She just stopped meeting my needs and desires, and no doubt I did the same to her. Fcuk I hate life sometimes, well, a lot of the time. I hate that when I look at my wife I keep seeing the annoying things, the ridiculing things, the put downs, the animosity, the anger, the disappointment, the loss of desire and hope. I also see my future not having any of that again, and I wonder, by some miraculous way whether I can revive what we once had. I've tried before, a few times, but somehow it never takes like it did in the beginning. I'm incredibly sad right now and my heart feels like it's bleeding, and if I had any tears left in me I'd be crying right now. Why did it all have to go so fcuking wrong?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back