ALL Kitchen

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
punisher said:

That sounds like it could be less then full approval for fish and peanut butter sandwiches.

w1p8qu.jpg

So lately I've been trying out some new dishes to cook, and I thought I would share this recipe since I think many people here can make it.

Chicken Sliders w/ Goat Cheese & Fried Shallots

1 Started with one whole boneless chicken breast and ground it. (you can have the deli or supermarket do it for you no problem)

2 Mix two tablespoons of worcestershire sauce in with the meat, along with an egg white to give the meat a little structural integrity, and form eight to nine small patties sprinkled with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

3 Fry the shallots in some vegetable oil (around 1 inch of oil in a deep sautee pan, heated to 325 degrees), and when they cool, cook the patties on a grill pan over medium-high heat. 6 minutes per side.

4 After flipping, add a dollop of goat cheese.

5 Once finished, put them on sliced dinner rolls and topped with the shallots.

The result.....

DSCN1376.jpg

The seasoning needs a bit of a tweak, but the worcestershire sauce helps out a lot. The contrast of the creamy goat cheese with the crunchy shallots was the best part. It also would have been better if I lightly toasted the rolls. I will be making this again.

ledchick said:
Well, being Hispanic....One of the favorite things I make is a breakfast burrito made from Chorizo and scrambled eggs and fried potatoes. It is really really good, but do not read the package of Chorizo ( mexican spicy sausage), if you want to still like it! lol
Take one package of Chorizo and split into 2 pans (one for the eggs and one for the potatoes)
Add your potatoes and fry with the sausage til soft and done,
Mix your scrambled eggs mixture with chorizo in the seperate pan and cook just like you would scrambled eggs.
When both pans are done put a little of each mixture in a warm tortilla and roll up. Super Good!
I take the leftovers and make burritoes and then wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze, you just pop them out of the freezer into the microwave and boom you have an instant meal.
My kids LOVE this stuff!

I work at Trader Joe's and they carry a soy chorizo, which I know, sounds blasphemus but it is REALLY REALLY pretty darn good and gives you all the flavor without half the nastiness lol. I use it for breakfast burritos too ledchick :)

Nom Nom Nom Nom Goat CHeese *drools*

Actually pretty much any cheese.

Toasted Walnut and Rosemary Goat Cheese Log

I like to do this for a simple appetizer, and anytime I make it it is the first thing gone so I think other people enjoy it too lol.

Basically you take raw or toasted walnuts (i think toasted has a better flavor) and some fresh rosemary and chop them up really fine, then roll a log of fresh goat cheese in it. Cover that sucker up, I mean it, get every spot. When you are ready to serve I like to drizel a little olive oil over it and just a sprinkle of cracked pepper, gives it a little umph. Then eat with crackers, pita, your fingers, whatever. Delicious.

Brie Baguette

green onions
brie
crusty baguette
butter
slivered almonds

Slice up your baguette. I know those French people are annoying, with all thier clear skin and such, but take a moment to appreciate the glory that is the baguette. Go ahead and butter up that little crusty end piece and give yourself a snack, yum. Okay now lightly toast your slivered almonds in on a cookie sheet in the oven, spread them out so they evenly toast and keep a watchful eye, they brown fast. I usually leave the oven on afterward, since you will be using it in a minute.

In a saucepan heat up some butter, err maybe half a stick? I don't know, it has to be enough so that you can use it to liberally cover your bread later. Slice up your fresh green onions and saute in butter briefly, careful not to burn 'em. Now, take your sliced baguette and kind of dip/smear one side of each piece in the pan so that they all get a good amount of butter on em. Kind of like garlic bread, you know the drill.

Now, slice up that brie, into strips, not too thick but enough that people won't think you're cheap and skimpin. Place a strip on each slice of bread. Now, for extra effect, spoon the sauted green onion on top of the brie, it's okay if it means they have even more butter. Really, it's okay.

Bake em till the brie is nice and melty and the bread is toasted. Maybe 10 min or less? I don't know, but watch em close, brie isn't cheap.

Take out of oven, and top each bread with a sprinkle of toasted almond. Let cool for a minute before serving. Really, people get excited about brie so they might try to eat it right away and have the molten cheese cement to the roof of thier mouths and give them blisters. It's not a pretty sight, believe me.

Cheater Bruschetta

Too incoporate another one of my favorite cheeses, mozzerella, into this trifecta of deliciousness, make an easy bruschetta by slicing up balls of fresh mozz (the stuff in the brine folks, the firm low moisture mozz is only gonna taste wierd here) and cherry tomatoes. Mix em in a serving bowl with fresh basil, finely chopped garlic and olive oil. Let all those flavors sit together and marinate in the fridge for awhile. Serve with some more sliced and toasted baguette
(If you have a garlic loving crowd, rub the toasted bread with a clove of garlic, it's good) and a spoon so people can pile the goodness on. A lot easier then artfully arranging all those tomatoes yourself. Plus you'll gain all that extra time to go get all pretty/handsome for your guests.

O.K. This is a spin off of one of Olive Garden's soups. It's their potato sausage. My husband loved it so much he asked me to make it at home. It's as close to taste testing as ya get. I don't measure, everything is added to taste and how much you like an item.

Potato-Sausage Soup
Ingredients:
Mild (or spicy) Italian sausage. (try to find the variety that does not have the red color or it will turn the soup red). You can use the link version (my fave) or the ground version (my hubby's fave).
Spinach
Garlic
Marjoram
1 Can of Potato soup
Italian Parsley
1 Bag of a powdered potato soup (to give it consistency)
Milk
Your favorite potato (I prefer to use the little reds)
Salt

First chop or crumble up the sausage. ( You don't want to overload the soup with a bunch of sausage or potatos, so keep it light.) Add diced garlic and brown slightly in a pan, then add to half a pan of water to boil. (Depending on how much you're making to size of pan).
Start slicing your potatos in a potato chip fashion (skin on or off). Make them thin, this soup does not take long to cook. Add your potatos to the sausage. Add your can of potato soup to that. Be careful not to overload, or you won't have room to add the milk and other ingredients. Next add your marjoram. !-1/2 tsp for a small pot.
When the potatos are getting soft, add your powdered soup and milk. You still want to keep a watery consistecy (it is a soup), but the podwered soup will bring the flavors together and keep it from being so bland. Just add enough milk to give it a little color. Boil that for about 10 more min. Add your chopped spinach right before the potatos are done to soften it and soak up flavor.
Serve and salt to taste. Great for you veggies too if you don't add the meat :).

Also, here's a quick Pico De Gallo. It's even good to use as a chunky salsa without all the tomato sauce dripping on you.
Dice half a white onion into a bowl. Dice 1 or 2 tsp of garlic into the onion. Dice 2-3 large Roma tomatos into the bowl. Half a small jalapeno (you can make this with or without the spicy) and remove the seeds. Dice into very tiny pieces and add to the mix. Chop up a handful of cilantro (this is an to taste item, so use what you like) add this to the mix. Squeeze 2 small limes over it. Add a tiny amount of lemon juice.Add half a tsp of vinegar. Stir and serve, cold or warm.

Enjoy.

I had a great amount of success with grilling whole chickens two weeks ago, so I decided to try smoking them for the very first time. I used two 3lb. chickens on the grill, and used an indirect heat method. This means that the coals were pushed to the sides of the charcoal grate, with a large drip pan filled with beer in the middle. I also added 6 chunks of mesquite on the coals when they were at their hottest.

Each of the chickens were rubbed with an entirely made up spice rub and I could not even tell you the proportions of ingredients, but it contained garlic powder, cumin, kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, and paprika. I also stuffed some thyme sprigs and rosemary into the cavity.

DSCN1400.jpg

The result after they were cooked for a little less than 30 minutes. I threw the remaining herb sprigs on the coals to see if the smoke from them would affect the flavor.

I find that its hard to screw up a chicken and the more intact the animal is, the finished product will be much more tastier. The worst thing that can happen is that they can get overdone and dry, but I kept the fire relatively cool, so the chickens came out moist and tender. The spice rub worked to the best I thought it could as well and has given me some more ideas when creating meat rubs for the grill in the future.

Why did I open this thread? lol I m honeysuckle hungry now

I will have to ignore this thread to not get hungry for the trillionth time a day aarghh lol

Latest posts

Back