Alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My Lounge Act

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and I wonder if people on here can help me?

I am 22 years old from England.

I have very few friends (maybe 3), and I just feel so alone.

I am fed up with living. Its not that I want to commit suicide, I just don't want to live anymore.

I have spoken to Samaritans but to be totally honest they were not much help.

I just don't know what to do or where to turn to!?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

My Lounge Act

I guess coming here is a good step. I'm not sure how much help I can be I only joined recently too. I think its good to know you have people to at least talk to online so perhaps try and get involved here.

Wow little help there from me, sorry!

annik said:
I guess coming here is a good step. I'm not sure how much help I can be I only joined recently too. I think its good to know you have people to at least talk to online so perhaps try and get involved here.

Wow little help there from me, sorry!
Just communicating with someone is a relief to be totally honest, so thank you for your reply.

I can totally understand that and you're welcome. Though I'm sure other people will probably have better advice for you.

Hi, I think you should try to get ready to sleep soon. It's getting late :)

Anyway, it's nice to have you here :)

Thanks for your warm welcomes guys.

Yeah I find the hardest thing is getting to sleep at night due to thoughts going around my head.

Does anyone else suffer from this? If so, what things do you find that help?

Well your not alone atleast for feeling lonley. Im also fed u with people, they are som mean and crule and sometimes I dont feel like being a part of it. So I get it becuse I live it everyday.

Your just like me :D

My Lounge Act said:

I read books up to the point of exhaustion, when I finally fall asleep on my desk or on a floor. Sometimes, newspaper articles and a night walk work even better :)

Hi lounge Act, I'm 21 and from the Uk too, I have been feeling so alone at the moment too recently, not been sleeping either, so I know how you feel!

My Lounge Act said:

Yeah I find the hardest thing is getting to sleep at night due to thoughts going around my head.

I totally have the same problem. I tend to leave the tv on or have dvds or films playing on the computer. Be prepared to learn large portions of the script though. I know scarily long chunks of The Great Escape because of this! Those learning tapes must really work!

Hey, how's it going? I'm from the USA and didn't know they had depression in England :p Sometimes when you're depressed you just spend too much time thinking about the negative things in your life, and it's not that your subconscious knows about exactly how you're feeling but it does know that you're focusing a lot of TIME feeling that way. You may not have suicidal thoughts but that is but one of the symptoms of depression.

It may sound hard but if you spend a lot of time in your house, try to get out. Find something to do anywhere. There are infinitely many possibilities of things to do and they're out there for you. Do you have transportation? Drive somewhere and explore. Try different restaurants. Do you drink alcohol? Try different pubs. Go shopping. Read a book or magazine in the park. Listen to music. Learn something new about things you're interested in. Do you have a job? Jobs take a lot of time out of the day if you need something to do and if you don't spend a lot of money on things when you have the job you can save it up for something.

At the very least enjoy the good weather outside. Try to enjoy the subtle things in life. If you're not trying to live a fast life at least enjoy a peaceful one.

-Frank

FrancisTheMan said:
Hey, how's it going? I'm from the USA and didn't know they had depression in England :p Sometimes when you're depressed you just spend too much time thinking about the negative things in your life, and it's not that your subconscious knows about exactly how you're feeling but it does know that you're focusing a lot of TIME feeling that way. You may not have suicidal thoughts but that is but one of the symptoms of depression.

It may sound hard but if you spend a lot of time in your house, try to get out. Find something to do anywhere. There are infinitely many possibilities of things to do and they're out there for you. Do you have transportation? Drive somewhere and explore. Try different restaurants. Do you drink alcohol? Try different pubs. Go shopping. Read a book or magazine in the park. Listen to music. Learn something new about things you're interested in. Do you have a job? Jobs take a lot of time out of the day if you need something to do and if you don't spend a lot of money on things when you have the job you can save it up for something.

At the very least enjoy the good weather outside. Try to enjoy the subtle things in life. If you're not trying to live a fast life at least enjoy a peaceful one.

-Frank

Thanks again everyone.

Yeah I know, I find it hard to filter out all the bad stuff a lot of the time. I go from high to low so quickly.

I have been getting out of the house more lately by playing tennis but whenever I get home, the negatives set in almost instantly.

I am also trying to explore more and go to different places and do different things but with the small group of friends that I do have being in relationships, they are reluctant to going out etc.

I just want to briefly explain my story quickly if thats ok.

A few years ago I turned into a bit of a tearaway and went through the phase in my life like I'm sure everyone does, where you go out a lot and drink etc. Well, I took it a step further and moved to Ibiza for 6 months. While I was there I drank to excess took drugs and had far too many one night stands. I felt no care for myself or anyone else and to be totally honest, I was a complete *******. Looking back, it was like I was possessed. This went on for months and months until one day I met a girl that I genuinely really liked. I could tell from the moment that I met her. From that moment on, I felt myself again. I felt peaceful. It was like she was my angel.

The night that we met, I asked if we could meet up the next day. She was looking for a job on the island and I said that I would help her. Surprisingly, the next day she turned up where we had agreed to meet.

To cut an already long story short, we both moved back to England and ended up going out for a few years until recently. I was totally honest with her about how I had acted and all of the terrible things that I had done before we had met, as I thought that being honest was the best thing to do. Obviously, she was less than impressed but somehow saw past everything.

Everything had been going well considering my confessions. This was until she started college last year. Since then there was a massive change in her. She became less interested in me and even started speaking and texting another guy who she worked with. She decided she didn't want to be with me. I could tell something was not right and she denied speaking with anyone else etc. Eventually she was honest with me and told me that she had been speaking to someone else.

I forgave her and we got back together again. I helped her out through college with money and with any work she needed a hand with and all was good.

A few months ago she started a new job. Her dream job. Since then, she has changed again and says she doesn't know what she wants...

What the hell do I do and how do I stop feeling this way?

Sorry about the long post and the long story. It feels good to get it all out. Hardly anyone knows about my situation, not even my parents. I'm too ashamed to tell them.

annik said:
My Lounge Act said:

I totally have the same problem. I tend to leave the tv on or have dvds or films playing on the computer. Be prepared to learn large portions of the script though. I know scarily long chunks of The Great Escape because of this! Those learning tapes must really work!
Hey,

I have tried doing all of the above but if I'm watching or reading something, my mind strays so easily.

Its hard trying to sleep with things on your mind. Then when you look at the clock its just getting later and later, and getting closer to the time that you have to get up for work. Its a truly horrible feeling.

Honestly I hesitate saying this but maybe you could go to the doctors about it? I mean they might be able to help or give you something? There are herbal things too. Also someone I know tried some hypnosis thing.

I normally find concentrating on the film helps my mind stay off bad thoughts (which is my issue). Or I watch quiz shows on the iplayer because then I'm thinking of the answers. Though that in itself can keep you up...

annik said:
Honestly I hesitate saying this but maybe you could go to the doctors about it? I mean they might be able to help or give you something? There are herbal things too. Also someone I know tried some hypnosis thing.

I normally find concentrating on the film helps my mind stay off bad thoughts (which is my issue). Or I watch quiz shows on the iplayer because then I'm thinking of the answers. Though that in itself can keep you up...

I might try the quiz show. Sounds like a good idea. Any suggestions on what one?

I know this is nothing compared to what some people deal with in their lives and feel a bit embarrassed by it as it seems quite petty.

I just feel ashamed and find it hard to mix with people because of it, which leaves me feeling alone.

I watch Pointless myself.

Everyone has the right to their own feelings. There will always be someone worse off but that does that make your feeling any less valid. I feel quite strongly about that.

My Lounge Act said:
What the hell do I do and how do I stop feeling this way?

Want cold harsh truth? Detach. Run like hell. You know, those stories about sirens, witches, succubi have origins, don't you think?

My Lounge Act said:
says she doesn't know what she wants...

That's not the first time I hear girl saying these exact words. She's lying to you and tries to be manipulative. She cares for her own feelings only or soon will. You forgave her once, she may subconsciously see this as a weakness. It must be hard but try to leave her alone, maybe she'll be back, maybe not. You've got your own life to take care of at any rate. Yeah, you thought she's special, she must be, but it doesn't mean she isn't capable of stabbing you in the back.

Believe me I know what I'm talking about. A manipulative woman must either be worshipped to or manipulated, there is no reasoning with her. Chose now but remember you are going to be all right no matter the outcome of your situation. You're young.

Don't do any batshit crazy suicidal stuff. There's nothing beyond this existence (in my opinion) and you've yet some pleasure left to experience in life. Don't use suicide as a way to influence the girl either, that's going nowhere.

Welcome by the way. I hope you'll survive through this. Know that I'm keeping an eye on you to see how you'll manage, don't disappoint. I know I'm a random stranger, but I hope it means something to you though. Be well.

annik said:
I watch Pointless myself.

Everyone has the right to their own feelings. There will always be someone worse off but that does that make your feeling any less valid. I feel quite strongly about that.
I'll give it a watch tonight.

Thats a good way of looking at it ;)

I hope you enjoy it now I've suggested it :)

Yeap! and I passionately believe it too.

Latest posts

Back