Am I alone in that I have no Friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzanne13

Reaction score
Hi all,

Almost 4 years ago, I divorced my ex, and moved across the country to the state where I grew up. I live alone. What family I have is estranged, and the people I grew up with have all moved away. I literally have no one but my pup, Tucker, who listens but really doesn't relate at all. So virtually no human contact.

You may say, what about work? I was disabled in a car accident several years ago. I am working to get better, as I have an advanced degree that I've never used, but I can't currently work. I need to find something, though, since my alimony runs out in about 6 months. yikes.

So, am I alone in being absolutely alone, or are there others out there? let me know, and maybe we can be alone together.

Hi there, I think there are several people who can relate! I live alone with 2 dogs and a cat, a little more company. :)

Hello :3 I live alone and all I do is work eat and sleep and kind of became quite comfortable with my loneliness over the past couple of years. I only joined the forum a few weeks back and I have to say I've found everyone to be just lovely :) The XAT chats a good thing to try if your comfortable with it, there's always someone on to talk to ;)

I guess I have friends at work but I don't feel like I can really count on them. Family is dead or estranged. I seriously, seriously think it might just be better to pay people when you need them to help out. At least then you can count on them. Sometimes I feel like I "Pay" people with my friendship but most people steal from me because they take the friendship and aren't there for me when I need them.

Hi and welcome - except for my mother on the phone, I also have no one to turn to, no one to call if something nice happens and I want to tell it to someone or if I just want to go out for a beer. I am planning to move house so that I can live with other people and get some cats. I am also struggling with a disability, if you ever want to talk about that I am here. All the best

No, I have absolutely no friends at all. Even on a loneliness forum, I feel ashamed to admit this.

Hello, I live alone and I dont have any friends. The only reason I leave my flat these days is to go to work, I talk to people at work but they're not friends, I only see them at work. I have family but I hardly see them anymore. I spend most of my time at home, on my own, feeling miserable, I feel like I'm missing out on life.

Hello Suzanne,
I can identify with you on two counts: I am disabled and not working and I have no family. I do have some friends, but still feel very isolated and alone, so maybe we could be alone together?

No, you are not alone in your shoes. Apart from my bf (who is a loner) I often feel the lack of friends here, living abroad. (not that is was much better at home) Though while I was at work I had to socialize with people whether I liked them or not, but since I quit I just lost contact with them, including those few I actually really liked. So practically I have no real life friends at the mo.

I am basically alone. I live in Massachusetts. My 2 children live in Washington state, like most of my family. Work holds no real relationships, so here I am with 3 dogs and a cat. Life isn't over Suzanne, I am sure it will get better.

Dreamer88 said:
Hello, I live alone and I dont have any friends. The only reason I leave my flat these days is to go to work, I talk to people at work but they're not friends, I only see them at work. I have family but I hardly see them anymore. I spend most of my time at home, on my own, feeling miserable, I feel like I'm missing out on life.

This is pretty much my life also.

Thank you all for your replies. I have found, since finding this site, more kindness and friendship than I have in the "real" world for years. I do not want anyone to feel badly for me, however. I simply want to find others like me, in the hope that we could feel less alone. I already do. So thank you.

I feel very a lone. I am in a relationship I am not sure I should be in and am terrified of being a lone. No one to do things with, no family to rely on. It's scary. I am 47 years old, live alone, work independently. I am social out there but finding real friends has not been easy for me. I am always available for chat.

Do internet friends relieve this loneliness to any degree? If so you can message me but i wouldn't recommend it.

I have no friends either, none, zero, nada. A few people you could call acquaintances, who I may talk with on occasion. I haven't had friends in years...when I was younger it didn't bother me, but now being older I see how hard it is to make real friends once you are past your 20's. I'm sure the fact that I only eat, work, sleep and tend to family don't help either. There are no real opportunities to even make friends. Trying to make friends online has lead to lots of disappointment, often leaving me feeling lonelier.

johnny196775 said:
Do internet friends relieve this loneliness to any degree? If so you can message me but i wouldn't recommend it.

A good internet friend can be worth their weight in gold. One of mine is probably my closest friend as I can confide in her and turn to her for support at any time, as she can turn to me in return whenever she needs someone to be there for her. We will probably never meet owing to living thousands of miles from each other, but my life without her would be far emptier. We have a lot in common and can relate to each other a lot.

A really good start towards finding friends begins on the forum. PMing the person who repped you and then repping them back on finding a great post made; asking how they are; sharing common interests between you and them. It all starts with a private message and a little > :)

That's how I started. It's since become the beginning of something absoloutely amazing.

Your not the only one who's always alone. I'm disabled and mostly alone most of the time. Please send me a pm if you want someone to talk too ever.

The same story here more or less: Disabled (wheelchair bound), no family besides estranged family member living 1000s miles away. I even lost my Dog :( So see you not alone :) I do work though.

I found great support though on this site, so I recommend also you visit the Chat room, have little discussion to change your mind, you might even get a laughter =)

I was in the same situation (if u call mental health probs a disability, which mine is qualified as in uk legislations so..) until 6 months ago. I now have 2(ish) friends and things are much better, I also have enough money coming in from work rather than benfits so am stabler financially. I'm definitely not the most likely candidate for any sort of recovery.

Ergo I'm living proof things can get slightly better! :)
Onwards and upwards all of you! :)
X

Latest posts

Back