Am I just being overdramatic?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NarcolepticInsomniac

Reaction score
I need some advice...

[Start Backstory]
So I've been on a depression streak ever since my best friend nearly ruined by birthday (long story short: she kept arguing with her boyfriend the entire day and night over something that wasn't his fault). Ever since then, I've been avoiding hanging with people who were in relationship. As a result, I've been hopelessly alone no matter how much I try to connect with people. Now my other best friend wants me to meet his boyfriend after he returned from choir camp and he wants me to go to the RenFaire with them. The problem is, I know he honestly doesn't want to try to re-connect and hang with them at the RenFaire. He only invited me because he was talking to a friend of his about it and just invited me because he felt bad about it. Basically out of pity and I hate that. The real reason he wants me to go is just to meet his boyfriend and nothing else. Since then, I refused to go because of dozens of reasons but mainly the one I just listed.

My question is this: Am I over-reacting to this because I'm paranoid or am I justified in refusing to go?

Well, if you feel like you're going to be a third wheel, don't go. And your friend who wanted to argue with the boyfriend on your birthday, should apologize for almost ruining your day. It was ridiculous to do, and she could have held off on making things miserable for that day.

But then again, it's always nice when a friend wants you to meet their partner. You never know, you might have a good day with them.

ZOMG GO TO THE REN FAIRE!!! :D SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!

I WISH I WAS A KNIGHT ON HORSEY-BACK, SLAYING MINE ENEMIESSSSSSS!!!! :D:D:D

Seriously. Go. You may have a better time than you think. And if you keep an eye out, who knows? You may meet someone for yourself! ^_^

It wouldn't be a 3rd wheel situation because one of his other friends is going with them but it'd be an awkward time for me because I'm not really a conversational person and I'm essentially soically retarded/awkward.

^^^You could always go along and then at the right moment, grab a sword from yonder smithy and HACK THEM ALL TO BITS!!! :D

Then you would be KING! ^_^

:( Awwwww but you'd be king! Your word is law!

lol

Seriously, though.. I think you should just go and do your best to enjoy it. :)

To answer your question, no, I don't think you're being overdramatic at all. If you think that your friend is just inviting you out of pity or just wants you to meet HIS(is this right xD?) boyfriend then you have every reason not to go. You're not being paranoid since you knew through hearing what he said to his friend.

My sister & his fiancee always wants me to accompany them when they go out which is nice... the problem is they used to argue a lot in front of me which is so uncomfortable (this is an understatement). Her fiancee is a good guy but he is somewhat uptight. When I had enough, I refused to go out with them anymore and told them that it is really annoying so now when I go with them they try to behave :D

On the topic, I'd say go with them and don't think too much about the "pity" thing. I think your best friend is decent that he invited you even if you just happen to overhear him talking about it. I know other people would just ignore or make an excuse not to include you in their activities. Go out, lighten up and enjoy yourself!

Latest posts

Back