Am I the ONLY guy here who:

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have Facebook (only because I got so sick of people asking me why I wasn't on Facebook, lol), but not the other 3. I don't have a cell phone of any kind.

Akagi said:
With ALL DUE RESPECT, I find that exceedingly difficult to believe. You HAVE to have a cell phone of SOME kind!!!

I not only do not have any kind of cell phone, i never have had one and i have never used a cell phone. I wouldn't even know how to turn one on.

I have all of those things.

I don't drink much. I can't really because is makes very painful gout attacks happen. I don't post much on fb. I don't remember my twitter but I do have one. A smartphone though is pretty **** awesome. I don't know why you would actively avoid getting one.

Akagi said:
is NOT on facebook, is NOT on Twitter, has NEVER been drunk a day in his life and who does NOT have a smartphone? (I still own an old school flip-phone).

Facebook? nope
Twitter? nope
Drunk? nope
Smartphone? nope. i don't even own a cell phone and I work for the largest provider

I'm 4 out of 4 !!!! woohoo!! what do I win?

Akagi said:
is NOT on facebook, is NOT on Twitter, has NEVER been drunk a day in his life and who does NOT have a smartphone? (I still own an old school flip-phone).

Yes. With minor catches: I registered once on facebook to speak with someone (only means of communication), then deleted the account (which I'm sure facebook retains), and I registered a twitter account to see how it worked. I didn't use it beyond that.

No smartphone, I'm aware of the tracking software (look up "consolidated.db") and I have an aversion to alcohol. The taste, the smell, the entire concept. People tried to get me to drink it as a social thing, but I refused.

I also haven't smoked, and haven't taken drugs. I won't say I'm pious because food is an issue.

Akagi said:
hehe, yeah I figured I was the only person on here like that, lol.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I know someone like that who's not on the forum. She's almost 64, but still... She doesn't care for all this fancy technology. The Facealbum, the Twatter, and she's perfectly fine with her dumbphone.

Twitter is a waste, Facebook is annoying, and poisoning yourself with alcohol or anything else is not only stupid, but a waste of life. If I had social contacts to keep track of I'd have a smartphone, but I really do not have any need for that, so tiny and lightweight is what I look for in a phone.

I'm on Facebook, and Twitter, although I use Twitter mostly for news/sports updates. I don't 'twit' with anyone on there. I've got a mobile phone, but really, I only use to call for taxis or for emergencies. I've never had an actual conversation with someone using the mobile phone. Oh, I also sometimes use it to get a 'fake' call, like in a restaurant or somewhere, so it looks like I'm waiting for someone, or that I at least have people to talk to .... I'm still on the IM's (MSN/Yahoo/AIM/ICQ/Skype) even though nobody else ever seems to be anymore.

And I'm now 38, and never been drunk. And have no interest in every being so ....

I do use Facebook but the only reason I started an account there to begin with is for exposure for my illustration &, more recently, for my wood projects. Even that has changed somewhat since the pack of ******** who run FB changed the policy on image use a short while back; I've taken down my portfolio as I don't need to give Faceblech the rights to my finished work. All I post now are sketches & lettering practice.

I don't use Twitter & never will. I do use Pinterest, though. It's a better place for art if you want attention.

Am considering an account at Bluecanvas or Fine Art America to see if I can sell through it at all...

Dunno how some of you can go without a smartphone in this day & age unless you're on disability or some other special situation that doesn't require at least enough communication to receive texts & basic Web access. Technological progress is pretty involuntary, dontcha think?

Sure, I've been drunk. But it's not something I normally indulge in. It does seem ******* tempting lately though.

MTrip said:
Dunno how some of you can go without a smartphone in this day & age unless you're on disability or some other special situation that doesn't require at least enough communication to receive texts & basic Web access. Technological progress is pretty involuntary, dontcha think?

Personally I don't have a cell phone because I simply can't afford one. Until recently I haven't really missed it, no one ever talked to me anyway. The biggest benefit to having one was that I felt safer when out.

I never really saw the need for web access on a phone. I have a computer to use at home and that's as much web access as I need. I don't like looking at little screens either.

I do realize, though, that smartphones have become the standard and I'm way behind the learning curve.

Never had twitter, and I have a flip phone from 2006, it's hard since everyone want's to text but I don't really care. As for the other two, drinking is something I do when I am in a really bad place, it makes me happy then really sad lol. Luckily I haven't drank since early January. FB seems to be the way I keep in contact with friends, it's also when I know is a good time to hang out lol.

Solivagant said:
I never really saw the need for web access on a phone. I have a computer to use at home and that's as much web access as I need. I don't like looking at little screens either.

Me also. I doubt that i would respond to an email on the phone and would wait until i got back to the computer anyway. Nothing wrong with getting away from the web for awhile.

Minus said:
Solivagant said:

Me also. I doubt that i would respond to an email on the phone and would wait until i got back to the computer anyway. Nothing wrong with getting away from the web for awhile.

"You can check out anytime you like...but you can never leave..."
*guitar solo*

Solivagant said:
MTrip said:

Personally I don't have a cell phone because I simply can't afford one. Until recently I haven't really missed it, no one ever talked to me anyway. The biggest benefit to having one was that I felt safer when out.

I do realize, though, that smartphones have become the standard and I'm way behind the learning curve.

If you live in the US then there are free cell phones available for poor people.

Latest posts

Back