Anxiety

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solace

Reaction score
So most of my anxiety comes from good things. With me the attack is purely physical. I know i'll be fine but it sucks. my hands start shaking and i just want to unzip my body and step out.

For example when seeing my Aunt for the first time in years, I was excited to see her but had to retreat to the other room where it was quiet and dark, to recover.

This morning after opening my stockings and seeing my family happy with their gifts and stuff, It was like the excitement built up in my body and turned sour. I knew what the cause was but my body was screaming RUN! and I was pacing faster and faster, couldn't slow down but I knew i had to... I plopped myself down at the computer and tried to find some pages on how to deal with anxiety but found nothing helpful.

It's like when you eat a lemon. it's acidic, but after you eat it it turns alkaline in your body. It's unexpected. It's the other way around for me. Excitement is alkaline but once it's in me, in my body it turns acidic.

Anyhow it passed, calmed down, and I went on with my day and had a good time, stopping to rest periodically and remind myself to calm down. I didn't let it ruin the day. I think maybe since it's not as bad, not as bad as the attacks I used to get, pure panic, you know, with fear not just adrenaline, in comparison it wasn't that bad.

Does anyone else get anxiety like this?

Yep, I find it helpful to exercise or practice spontaneity. Everyone feels a certain amount of anxiety from time to time, but some become anxious about becoming anxious which tends to magnify it ten-fold. Control this and you’ve solved the problem, I think.

I don't really get anxiety attacks...but I do think that janjara is right. The more you worry about it, the more it will worry you.

My dog (sweet, big, old dumb girl that she is) is scared to death of my kitchen floor. The kitchen floor is wood and it's smooth, so she gets afraid to walk on it and she slides around on it all the time. But sometimes when she's not thinking about it, she can walk perfectly fine on that floor...she only has trouble with the floor when she's thinking about having trouble with the floor! :p

So maybe the anxiety attacks work a little bit like that...I dunno. *shrug* Even if that doesn't help, at least you got a cute story out of it!

----Steve

Ya I get that all the time, especially during presentations and talking in front of large crowds. And the more I focus on being nervous and anxious the more nervous and anxious I get, I can feel my hands shaking and even when I breathe my breathing stutters. I find taking deeper breaths and twiddling my fingers help relieve a little bit of anxiety.

Latest posts

Back