any tips....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk9007

Reaction score
im really shy when it comes to new people. i wont talk to someone i dont know, unless they talk to me first.mainly girls. im in school,and i figure i cant keep waiting for a girl to show interest in me. so ive decided to ask for help. any tips on talking to girls???

A smile helps a lot. But it have to be real. Look forward to talking to people. See it as a challenge! If you're walking past someone and get eye contact, a simple "Hi!" and a smile is great.

Try not to take it serious. You come across a lot better if you are yourself and relaxed. So what's the worst thing that could happend? You get a light conversation that doesn't lead anywhere. That's still good! Every bit of practice will make you better

Always try to look for an opportunity to throw in a joke, about anything, when you're talking to someone or trying to approach someone. It doesn't have to be that good. I find that it helps a lot to break the ice, and the conversation doesn't have to be all serious and awkward.

Lots of times people just aren't interested in a conversation, and I find it pretty easy to spot. I'll just back off. Boring people! ^^

Can't think of anything more to say. Take my advice with a grain of salt. I'm certainly no expert, and I don't have a girlfriend, hehe. But be natural, have fun and keep that smile up. The more you try it the easier it gets

Good luck

first at all, be nice. We like nice guys. I can tell you that HiddenHydey is right. If you get too nervous they will think you are weird. Treat them like another friend and be cool always so they will let you come closer and one day you will see that they will be talking to you. Theres no law to talk and get a girl... some like shy guys, some like strong, some like handsome, some like troublemakers and so on...
I dont know about the other women here but i like a mix of sweet and strong... Like an Hercules that arrives home, after save the world from Hera's evil plans, bringing you flowers and chocolates (not that much but its just to have an idea0.

Personally, I'm always wary when people I don't know well come up to me and start trying to make chit-chat. It may be unoriginal, but it really helps if you have a reason to talk to a person, or something to say that you can both relate to. If you're in a class with a girl, you could ask her what the homework assignment was or make a comment about the last test. You can even ask someone if they know what's for lunch or if it's supposed to rain later. After doing that a few times, the ice will have been broken, and you can broach less trivial topics.

Obviously some people have no problem just jumping in and talking to any old person that walks up to them, but I always wonder what their motives are when someone approaches me for the first time. Once I've had a few exchanges, I'm much more open to chatting.

Hehe, it is always easier to approach a girl that sits alone rather than the ones in a group. Isn't there a shy girl in your class? ^_^ She might need it as much as you do.

Latest posts

Back