anyone have/had an eating disorder?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gustafsg

Reaction score
I'm not looking for advice at all. I get enough of that in my therapy and from my parents. I was just wondering if anyone else here has used food to deal with their loneliness. That's what led me to my eating disorder, I would use food like a drug when I was feeling lonely. The sad thing is, the eating disorder caused me to isolate myself from others, so it became a nasty cycle. I'm in the process of breaking that cycle, but it's hard because now I have to confront the feelings head on, with no carton of Ben and Jerry's to help me forget.
ugh.
so can anyone relate?

I have problems with food, i binge eat one day, and the next day starve myself.
I look normal but its not healthy, and it makes me feel real crappy.
I have to go to an eating disorder group meeting soon, but i dont want to go :(

punisher said:
I have problems with food, i binge eat one day, and the next day starve myself.
I look normal but its not healthy, and it makes me feel real crappy.
I have to go to an eating disorder group meeting soon, but i dont want to go :(

That's pretty similar to how it started for me. I would binge for a few days and then eat almost nothing for a few days. But now I've done it all, abused laxatives (gross I know) and thrown up and starved. It just spiralled out of control and took over my life. Not proud of it, but I'm starting to pick myself up.

I can relate to dreading the group meetings, I literally had to be dragged by my parents when they first found out (I was in high school at the time) but now I found a great group and go voluntarily.

Latest posts

Back