Anyone here have ocd familiar with it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restless soul said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
I have kids. It's just another way for me to build immunities.

That works. But around a stranger it doesn't make you nervous?

If a stranger made me nervous, I wouldn't lend them my stuff.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
AmytheTemperamental said:
I have kids. It's just another way for me to build immunities.

That works. But around a stranger it doesn't make you nervous?

Because the germs of a stranger are different than the stranger germs your kids pick up and give to you?

In the ocd mind, Yes!

Germaphobe is not OCD.

Restless soul said:
VanillaCreme said:
OCD isn't just for germs and such. It can include a multitude of things. I'm not officially diagnosed, but I know I have OCD. I've had signs since I was little. I don't like dirty, germ-covered things, but if it was just that - I only read your initial post - then that's not necessarily OCD. Not saying that it is or it isn't. Just that it doesn't mean it necessarily is.

Ok so can you relate to the scenerio above? Would you feel the need to shower and wash clothes?

Would I personally? No. But everyone reacts to their specific OCD differently. OCD isn't set for everyone for everything. OCD isn't a specific term in itself. It's a general term to describe a condition that can branch into many, many things. So while I would not feel the need to wash my entire being, someone else might feel the desire to. And feeling the desire doesn't mean you'd absolutely do it either.

TheRealCallie said:
Why exactly are you so quick to label yourself OCD?

I agree with Callie's comment.
I noticed in your other posts that you seem too hard on yourself and am focused on your flaws.
From this instance alone - I don't believe it is OCD. Yes, I would also clean up everything and myself after such an incident. 
If you really believe that you have OCD, then I'd suggest going to a doctor to confirm the diagnosis and he/ she would have the knowledge and resources to help you cope.

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Because I studied the symptoms. Research

Well, hell, then just write yourself a prescription and get yourself better......oh wait, you're not really a doctor or psychiatrist , so you can't.

Now tell me why you think you're qualified to diagnose yourself?  Do you have any idea how much other honeysuckle share similar symptoms?  Yeah, you can't diagnose yourself.  Go to a professional if you think you might have something.  You can't diagnose yourself, especially considering you don't seem to have OCD at all.

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:

Because I studied the symptoms. Research

Well, hell, then just write yourself a prescription and get yourself better......oh wait, you're not really a doctor or psychiatrist , so you can't.

Now tell me why you think you're qualified to diagnose yourself?  Do you have any idea how much other honeysuckle share similar symptoms?  Yeah, you can't diagnose yourself.  Go to a professional if you think you might have something.  You can't diagnose yourself, especially considering you don't seem to have OCD at all.
Ok, maybe I wasn't overly descriptive in the rest of the symptoms. I thought what I already stated was convincing  enough.

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
Ok, maybe I wasn't overly descriptive in the rest of the symptoms. I thought what I already stated was convincing  enough.

Yet you have several people telling you that you likely don't have OCD.....

Well what would someones have to say for you to agree that it's ocd. Give me a symptom, that would say you. Yes! That sounds to me like ocd. Very much so

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:

Yet you have several people telling you that you likely don't have OCD.....

Well what would someones have to say for you to agree that it's ocd. Give me a symptom, that would say you. Yes! That sounds to me like ocd. Very much so

No, that's why self diagnosing isn't a good idea.  There are MANY things it could be.  Like if you have chest pains, that doesn't necessarily mean you are having a heart attack.  It COULD be that and you should go to the doctor, but you can't KNOW unless you have a professional diagnose you.

TheRealCallie said:
There is no one or several symptoms that will guarantee you have a certain illness or disease.  That's why we have doctors.  So you can go and get diagnosed properly

Right, ok callie. Which you or the memebers here are not.
I posted to see if anyone here has similar symptoms. 
( no one did ) I thought my example would sound extreme and would convince you that its ocd. And I am not trying or have to convince anyone here. But specifically about feelingfeeling the need to shower and wash clothes? That didn't sound any alarms?

Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
There is no one or several symptoms that will guarantee you have a certain illness or disease.  That's why we have doctors.  So you can go and get diagnosed properly

Right, ok callie. Which you or the memebers here are not.
I posted to see if anyone here has similar symptoms. 
( no one did ) I thought my example would sound extreme and would convince you that its ocd. And I am not trying or have to convince anyone here. But specifically about feelingfeeling the need to shower and wash clothes? That didn't sound any alarms?

Didn't we already cover this?  It sounds like germaphobia, not OCD....
Go to the doctor, as we've all stated, to find out for sure. You can't self diagnose yourself.

Germphobia?? Are you serious. Then why don't you give me a clear defined symptom of ocd that everyone can agree on. I mean a common symptom or even two symptoms that fall under the ocd umbrealla? Just for educational purposes, callie. What in your opinion two things. That would scream ocd, and not germophobia??

I'm 99.9% sure I have a mild form of OCD. It doesn't control my life but there are things I have to do a specific way for things like how I chew food or how I count letters and numbers.
I'm also 99.3% sure I have some form of autism.
Ironically, germs do not bother me.

Well ocd is the extreme case of germophiba. People with germophobia don't have strong compulsions where it takes over their thinking to an extreme where they have to ease the discomfort by performing a ritual. I.e shower. Wash clothes. That was just one thing I feel the need. There are other symptoms I have

Latest posts

Back