Anyone like anime?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here! <raises hand>

I'm not what you'd call an "anime geek". I watch it for the action, but don't really get into who's who and all that. I've been watching since the '80s and the old Robotech series was on tv.

Hi evanescencefan91,

haha Sure. I usually watch those romantic anime. The current one that I like is toradora. It's really funny. haha.
What's your choice of anime?

Lately I've watched Planetes, Welcome to The NHK, Detroit Metal City, and right now I'm watching Full Metal Panic. Those first three are all really good. Look 'em up on Wikipedia. If you like funny and you like death metal, Detroit Metal City is like the best thing ever.

...Actually, it's pretty much the best thing ever even if you -dont- like metal. :p

I think my latest favorite is Ghost in the Shell.

Sci-Fi channel has some on on Monday nights that I try and catch the end of when I get home from work.

I've been a big fan of animes when I was a kid, now not so much because they're very time consuming, and I usually don't know what to watch anymore lol, I'm still a very big fan of mangas though.

I still watches some anime movies since they're short and their animations are pretty good compared to tv series. The last one I saw was the first movie of the Evangelion remake, and the girl who leaps through time.

Ive never really tried watching anime,can you guys suggest your favourite shows?

People here might have better suggestions, but I think a safe bet would be anything from Studio Ghibli: Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaä of the Valley of Wind. I'd strongly recommend Evangelion if you like a little something to think about but be sure to watch the movies after it since it ties up the loose ends, however it is a quite depressing show especially towards the end.

Oh there's Death Note, I've never seen the anime but the manga was quite awesome, its not action, but more of a psychological thriller, it's quite cleverly done, I'd think the anime should be half decent if its done right.

Jonny said:
Ive never really tried watching anime,can you guys suggest your favourite shows?

Berserk. Kind of violent. Has some graphic topics. Gore, swords, blood shed... Absolutely awesome. :)

Oh, and I like Inuyasha xD

I am not the most fanatic person when it comes to anime, but nevertheless I enjoy watching most of the series. Currently I have been watching Bleach, One Piece, Naruto and Soul Eater. Few of the favourites I have would be Full Metal Alchemist and Hellsing. Both had nice amount of action and the story was great especially in Full Metal Alchemist.

I tried watching Bleach. I just couldn't. Couldn't do it. Something about it, just didn't agree with me.

I used to back when it was good here in america back in the toonami days.

Dragon ball z was one of the best animes ever imo, sure it took 5 episodes to get to a fight, but oh it was so worth it.

s-CRY-ed was the last anime i watched. (also my favorite)

I cant stand most of the crap that they have on nowadays, and dont get me started on naruto...i loathe naruto.

I've never cared for Naruto either. But a friend likes it so much he had me buying all the seasons for him off of eBay.

Inuyasha, The Dragonball series, The Gundam series, are all really good. Deathnote and Bleach are a couple of the ones that play on Sci-Fi every once in a while (they runs one title for a few weeks and then change them around so it kinda gets disappointing when you are all set to watch something and they have replaced it).

There's also .hack//SIGN
Good show. I was really getting into it on Adult Swim, but then I started working nights.

Anime fan right here :)

Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Samurai X, Deathnote, Yu Yu Hakusho, Elfen Lied....So many others

anime is bad A$$

My all-time favorite is Full Metal Alchemist. But I'm enjoying Darker than Black and Nodame Cantabile these days. :)

I'm into the more serious science-fictioney anime.

My favorite anime show so far's been Texhnolyze. Its very dark and psychological with some wild twists and turns that happen through the course of the series. It's gotten much less publicity here in the states than it deserves.

Also liked Death Note quite a bit.

Cowboy Bebop and FLCL on the lighter side.

Favorite movies include Paprika, Spirited Away, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Akira, and other classics.

I've been an anime geek for some time in the past.
Last thing I saw was Code Geass a couple years ago, then I lost interest in the genre.
Some of my favourite series were Evangelion, Gundam-SEED, Berserk, Fullmetal Alchemist...
In the years of my worst loneliness, anime was the best companion. It was one of the things that literally kept me going.
I used to read lots of manga too, Nausicaa and Battle Angel Alita among my favourites.

Latest posts

Back