Are you from the Southwestern States?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naleena said:
Oklahomha? I knew someone who lived in Lawton :) He was in the army.

I'm in Tulsa. I've been through Lawton, although there really wasn't much to see. :)

penny143 said:
Bah, Texas here. >:[

As you can tell, I'm not happy about it.

Huh, i lived in El Paso for a while.

I live in the DFW area of Texas. I really wouldn't say I'm a fan.

Antihero said:
I live in the DFW area of Texas. I really wouldn't say I'm a fan.

That's more exciting than where I'm from...ever been to the RGV?
Anyways, I think what annoys me most about Texas is this **** heat!

penny143 said:

That is what i remember. Heat, cactus, heat, sheep herds, heat, big ole grasshoppers and heat.
I liked the area all the same.

Minus said:
penny143 said:

That is what i remember. Heat, cactus, heat, sheep herds, heat, big ole grasshoppers and heat.
I liked the area all the same.

So then why did you leave the big and beautiful Lone Star State?

I am originally from Texas. I spent most of my life there. I moved here to Colorado and fell in love with the mountains and the snow. Compared to the the heat waves and the insta spa when you walk outside, this is paradise.

Irishdoll said:
I am originally from Texas. I spent most of my life there. I moved here to Colorado and fell in love with the mountains and the snow. Compared to the the heat waves and the insta spa when you walk outside, this is paradise.

Really? What part of Texas? I am dying to get away from here...I think I got used to the subzero temps back in AK.
I know what you mean about the insta spa when you walk outside. You come out of your house feeling all nice and fresh and then suddenly you're drenched in sweat. This is why I always try to park my car as close to the door as I can get and if possible I make someone go and turn the car on for me and run the AC for a bit. Back in AK they had autostarts for their cars..maybe I should invest in one here as well? :D

I lived in Dallas/Ft Worth. It was even more awful as I got older. Yeah I always hated when I didn't have an air conditioned car or a really hot day when the house AC just couldn't get cold enough. It was like stepping into a second shower and all of my makeup would melt before I got to where I was going. It may get cold here in CO, but in the summer the heat is dry and I can be out without sweating in it. I love it here.

Latest posts

Back