are you scared you'll always be lonely?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is normal?

I'm not scared of loneliness, it became a part of me. And I'm not scared to stay lonely because it is what I chose.

Increasingly I feel I will be alone for the rest of my life and it's very depressing. I like solitude, but loneliness is crushing.

edgecrusher said:
i do feel like i will be alone my whole life

I want control of my life, even though I feel I don't have control. I still try to maintain it. In what way does your mom say you have ocd?

But yeah, I have a fear that if I don't do something, I will be lonely for the rest of my life. I also used to believe that I would find the right girl or that it would just happen like an act of God. but I no longer feel that way. I believe it is up to me to find a girl to be with, because if I don't, then I will be alone for the rest of my life.

The truth is that I am 25 and have never had a girlfriend. i don't know what it's like to kiss a girl, or what sex is like. Much of me wishes that all this would turn out like a great love story where everything turns out wonderful in the end. In fact my heart won't lose that idea no matter how absurd it is.

To answer your question:

I will never give up on looking for my partner in this life, but part of me just kind of... knows... that im never going to find her.
ah well, i came into this world alone and I'll die alone.

and as for the rest of you post, I dont see what the problem is. So you like control, thats perfectly fine. Heck, for me, the need to be in control of her life (and control of the little things is perfectly acceptable too) is a desireable trait in a woman, not a bad thing.

As for you mother, just remember we're all human, even moms. She probably just doesnt know how to tell you she wants you to be happy and have friends, so she calls you weird.

the more i think about it the more i feel like i will always be lonely. friend wise almost no one has stuck around in my life so i have found it hard to let people in and get close to me. i actually found someone i want to get close to and she wont let me in. anytime ive told her how i felt about her or tried to initiate anything in that respect she steps back and wont let me in. ugh... i feel so shitty right now. i thought i could let her go but she doesnt leave my thoughts. she might just need time but i feel like if i dont keep pursuing it in some way she will never let me in and i might be forgotten just like everyone else has forgotten me. i dont know how to get past this big wall she has up. it makes me so mad that constant jerks in her life has made her this way.

sorry... that turned into a little rant. but thats how much this is getting to me right now after spending some time with her friday.

kaberlein25 said:
I have a fear that if I don't do something, I will be lonely for the rest of my life. I also used to believe that I would find the right girl or that it would just happen like an act of God. but I no longer feel that way. I believe it is up to me to find a girl to be with, because if I don't, then I will be alone for the rest of my life.

My thoughts exactly. I've spent the last 6 years hoping that "it would just happen", with no result. I've met quite a few girls over the last few years, but they've all ended up as "just friends". So I realise that there's something that I haven't been doing which I need to start doing... but what?
smiliehuh.gif

kaberlein25 said:
Much of me wishes that all this would turn out like a great love story where everything turns out wonderful in the end. In fact my heart won't lose that idea no matter how absurd it is.

I'm so glad that you haven't lost hope. See my signature below ⬇ for a couple of my favourite quotes which keep me going each day.

BTW I see you've just joined the forum, so welcome! I'm new here too :)

I am slowly coming to the realization that I will probably end up alone. I am not as much scared as I am disappointed. Mostly with myself.

Latest posts

Back