Argh! Shot down by stray bullets.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
So there's this girl that lives..er...lived...in the apartment below mine. She's really gorgeous and actually pretty cool. For the last couple of months, I've been trying to get the courage to talk to her, and the other night...I did.

We got to talking and things were going pretty well. I was surprisingly at ease. I think it was because I had already met her, just never hung out with her, and we had a common friend (who is gay, and was her roommate in the downstairs apartment). At any rate, we got to talking about food and cooking, specifically pasta, and she said "Hey! If I go get some garlic bread, will you make some spaghetti?" I'm a pretty good cook, so I said sure and sent her on her merry way.

She came back later and I made food, took it down, we ate etc. There wasn't even any awkward silence, and to my disbelief I felt pretty much at ease. We said goodnight, and she said if I ever wanna have dinner again to let her know.

So the next evening (yesterday) I ate at a friend's house, but talked to her some and she asked me if she looked pretty with her makeup because she was going to babysit her brother (This girl looks immaculate -everywhere- she goes). I jokingly said "Kinda, I guess". So she tried putting some on me till I gave in and admitted I thought she looked good, and she said we should have dinner again, tonight. I said sure. Fast forward to today. I get off work, do some shopping to make some kick-ass Chinese food.

It bears mentioning at this point that I'm part of our local fire department and live right next door to one of our stations, and our Fire Chief. So I'm about to start cooking when we get a call for a rollover accident up the highway (no serious injuries thankfully). So we go to that, and when I get back I see her carrying things out to her friend's waiting car. So I asked her what was up.

Turns out she and our mutual friend got in to a fight, which has been something of an ongoing issue, and she was going to stay with another friend for a while.

honeysuckle.

Anyway...I gave her a hug and my phone number and she said she wants to go do something Friday night or Saturday. So I guess we'll see. I'm hopeful. But -dammit-, could the timing have been ANY WORSE? I closest I've ever come to dating a [mature/normal] girl, a huge advance for me, and then this.

Needless to say, I'm kinda depressed. I don't think I've ever felt like the world was against me, but now I have to wonder.

I hope she calls me on Friday. I really like her. :(

yeah....it could be worst but you don't wanna go there.

Can I ask you a question ?
Is the so call mutaul freind a female too ? :p

I hope she calls you...
Aint love fun ?

Hey,
It sounds so nice that you found someone that makes you so happy :) the starting of any relationship is the best part I think. And that there weren’t any awkward moments and she says she wants to spend some more time with you, that's great!

Brian said:
"She was going to stay with another friend for a while"
It must be sad that she went to stay with another friend when you just started with her, but it might not be for so long and anyway, how fare away can she be? If you're still in the same town than you don't have anything to worry about :) right? Concentrate on the good stuff.

Brian said:
"she asked me if she looked pretty with her makeup because she was going to babysit her brother (This girl looks immaculate -everywhere- she goes). I jokingly said "Kinda, I guess". So she tried putting some on me till I gave in and admitted I thought she looked good, and she said we should have dinner again, tonight.
That’s so cute! Or should I say romantic (?) Well, it seems like she likes you :) and if she is quite straight forward then you can be a bit bold as well maybe? :)

You said you hope she calls on Friday, but you could call her to? Have you decided on what to do on Friday or Saturday? And maybe, you could ask her to go to lunch in the week since it's so long until Friday? Or maybe you don't want to come off as too eager?

Anyway I just noticed that there weren’t any questions in the thread, just that you felt down.
Don’t be sad, it sounds like this is the beginning of something wonderful! Try to focus on what is to come :) and that you had the courage to talk to her and start it!

This could be the best timing actually. Say you can stay at my place :p

But seriously, You have nothing to be depressed about, You have a beautiful girl that likes you and is interested in you, You have her number, nothing is stopping you from still seeing her, other then yourself.

Dont think about the negative's, think how well you have it.

Humm, frankly, you should not let go of the chance man. Its rare to find people that you click with instantly, and she is a rare jewel to keep. I say, have faith and some patience...I am quite confident it will progress on to some things =)

I think it will probably work out for the best... it will slow down the relationship a little, so you won't be going "too fast" for either of you.

All the best, and have a great time at the weekend.

**** man sucks, i'm sorry,

btw way i think maybe you should call her too, just becuase sometimes people forget, and she might be busy with moving and all, so just in case she doesn't call try not to worry about it.

But ya i think you should call her and aske for a rain check on the dinner, things could still work out. You never know what might happen.

I hope things work out for you

:)

Porman said:
This could be the best timing actually. Say you can stay at my place :p

But seriously, You have nothing to be depressed about, You have a beautiful girl that likes you and is interested in you, You have her number, nothing is stopping you from still seeing her, other then yourself.

Dont think about the negative's, think how well you have it.

No no...she has -my- number. That's what I'm wondering about here is if she's actually gonna call me. If I had hers it'd be different, but she's recently unemployed (in a town scarce on jobs at the moment) and hence has no phone of her own, and has to borrow a friend's :s

Anyway. Yeah I basically just needed to voice some frustration.

Lonesome Crow said:
Can I ask you a question ?
Is the so called mutual friend a female too ? :p

I believe the mutual friend was the gay guy mentioned.

Anyway, give it time. She's probably stressing over all of the stuff she's got going on between being unemployed and fighting with her roommate that she doesn't need more pressure. Keep it casual and simple for now until things settle down a bit for her. That'd be my suggestion.

Similar thing happened to me last year. I use to hangout with my best friend and his gf on friday nights a lot at her aunts. We use to drink, play games, go in the spa, etc all the time with her family. I always use to tell her she needs to bring a friend or something. Well she brought a new coworker one time and we hit it off well. I asked her out the next week and I went on my first date ever. During my date I get a call from my friend and he got caught with an ex and his gf broke up with him.

So now his ex gf is single and joins a sorority, goes to parties, clubs, etc. and bring her coworker with her everywhere and they become bffs. We kinda just stopped talking....maybe a text every few weeks.

Kinda made a long story really short but I wish I can go back and make a better effort. I guess when your down, life can always find a way to make it worse. I'm just a hopeless romantic for the rest of my life. Its friday and I'll be at home tonight trying to play guitar, playing Madden 09, and reading comics........can someone say 40 Year Old Virgin :(

Nah, she never called.

But I learned that, apparently, she was actually -kicked- out of the apartment, because she stole a check from one of the other people living there and tried to cash it which resulted in the check bouncing. I'm told she was also caught letting one of her friends pack off with the computer.

So then two days ago the house downstairs got searched by police because they're looking for her.

So, I'm not -too- torn up that she never called. :rolleyes: Still would've been cool if it had worked out though, I guess.

Annnnyway.

That sucks, Wally, but at least you're learning an instrument. Chicks dig guitar. Me? I'll be at home tonight playing Dwarf Fortress and TF2 :\

Latest posts

Back