Ask me anything about anything & I'll answer

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. The Van will never get a yes, no matter what.
2. It was okay.
3. Whom is this you speak of, being serious?

Van Hooligan said:
1. and the reason why is?
2. Do anything interesting?
3. You, so why so serious?

1. I'm in love with someone & I dun really believe there's any point in getting married unless you plan on having children which I am not having.
2. Not really.
3. I dun think I'm being so serious.

Van Hooligan said:
1. I see, can i be on the reserve list then? :D
2. imma sorry :( ...not a question but i am lol
3. cool, what did you think about the dark knight movie?

1. Sure.
2. Ok
3. Its always entertaining seeing people act like psychos

Is selfishness really an evil?

I ask because most people spend a lot of their lives trying to learn how not to be selfish.

wolfshadow said:

I ask because most people spend a lot of their lives trying to learn how not to be selfish.

Yes selfishness is an evil. I mean sure its good to think about yourself every once in a while, but when you become so selfish you dun care about hurting people as long as you have what you want. You start hating people just cos you dun have what you want.

Arnaert said:
wolfshadow said:

Yes selfishness is an evil. I mean sure its good to think about yourself every once in a while, but when you become so selfish you dun care about hurting people as long as you have what you want. You start hating people just cos you dun have what you want.

"Evil" isn't a word I'm comfortable using (I baulk at absolutes) but I get the jist of what you are saying and will agree that there are few things more destructive than the flagrent disreguard for others posed by a dyed-in-the-wool sociapath.

isnt it necessary to be a BIT selfish for self-preservation?

Lets think of what a selfless being would be like.

They would do nothing for themselves.

So, does this mean that we need to be a BIT selfish to take care of OUR needs so we can take care of others????

and another question; Is any act ever TRUELY selfless?

SophiaGrace said:
isnt it necessary to be a BIT selfish for self-preservation?

Lets think of what a selfless being would be like.

They would do nothing for themselves.

So, does this mean that we need to be a BIT selfish to take care of OUR needs so we can take care of others????

and another question; Is any act ever TRUELY selfless?

I said its okay to be a bit selfish. It just matters to the point you take it. & selfless acts. I dunno, but its a possibility to do things completely selfless. But I dunno. Lets ask whomever through themselves into traffic to save their love's life & died. Does that count as selfless? I mean they did it for their love, but its not like they'll be together if one dies.

Yah. I'm still learning how to drive it though. But I got it for practically nothing & it just looked so cool.

Its a 280 z.

Latest posts

Back