Asking women out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

putter65

Reaction score
I went 13 years without asking a woman out on a date, 1998 to 2011.

I've asked 5 women out in the last 13 months. A big improvment. I wish I had done this in my 20's. I know it is alot easier these days with mobiles and facebook. Only 1 has agreed to go out with me though but I suppose that's normal.

That is what I am learning, asking a woman somewhere isn't a big deal, if they turn you down it's their loss, if they reject you in a nasty way then it's their problem.

swanlake said:
One out of five is not bad. When are you going to meet her?

Read my 'Merry xmas from my girlfriend' to find out what happened.

Yeah, if a girl says no then that saves you atleast $30 if you were grabbing a bit together.

Good job, you have the right attitude now, haha but I should take this advice as well, as I normally don't care about rejection but last night I think I got rejected by over 20 women and I definitely took it too personally

passage said:
Good job, you have the right attitude now, haha but I should take this advice as well, as I normally don't care about rejection but last night I think I got rejected by over 20 women and I definitely took it too personally

20 women ?

How did that happen ?

Was you out drinking ?

Maybe he went speed dating. That is nearly lifetime stats.

putter65 said:
passage said:

20 women ?

How did that happen ?

Was you out drinking ?

I was at a discotek with some students from my university, but all the guys were just sitting and drinking and the women left somewhere to dance. So I tried approaching women for most of the night. Didn't work out too well :) but at least now I can laugh about it

passage said:
putter65 said:
passage said:

20 women ?

How did that happen ?

Was you out drinking ?

I was at a discotek with some students from my university, but all the guys were just sitting and drinking and the women left somewhere to dance. So I tried approaching women for most of the night. Didn't work out too well :) but at least now I can laugh about it

So none of them even chatted with you ?

You are more courageous than I. I know I should just walk up and talk to women, but I just can't bring myself to "bother" them.

Well don't take my advice, I tried again, and feel somewhat bad. But I think with time I'll get used to rejection and pick up the same attitude as the OP (I do have that attitude, but not when its being rejected by many women)

Its never too late to pick up the six string.:cool:

Im from the USA....
But there's certain things i had to do dating
Again. Having been in LT. I was a bit rusty.
Dating became like a chore to me.

Like i said...i went through 8 or 9 women in
less than six months. Yes, its cliche...
I messed everyone of them...younger women.
im not 19 to be doning the friendzone bs, again.

May i suggest you talking to men when it cones
To daring or while youre in the process of dating.
Men with exoerince that ran the gammit...
Success and failures.

A woman point of veiw is cool....
But do you want results or get a woman point
of view?
A

SImply honeysuckle like...
Ill spend a couple of hundred dallors
And dhoukdnt expectong a piece
Of ass. That i should be a gentlrman...

Well..I work hard and bust my
mother fucken ass for that money.
So be lady like and respect me as
a man....none of my fucken meals
Are free..
Screw guilt dude.

For the record, since high school (which was 10 years ago), I have only asked out two women. Both were 2 years ago.

One said that she was already in a relationship, and proceeded to stomp all over my heart by showing me a video of her 33 year old boyfriend playing guitar (she was 22.) The other girl just said she wanted to be friends, and ended up breaking my heart.

I am not in a position to ask out women right now, since I am doing college from home (online courses), and am currently out of work and trying to deal with the prospective hell that my family are throwing on me and my mom after my Grandma passed away last month. But I have learned this...

"Fear of rejection is worse than the actual rejection."

Honestly, getting rejected, even though it's painful....it doesn't hurt as much as not knowing. The cases where I haven't approached a cute girl at college, because I've felt that she was A.) out of my league, or B.) she didn't feel that way about me...well that was just painful, because we ended up parting ways, and I never got to know if there was even the slightest chance that she would want to go out with me!

So, Putter, my advice is...just ask. Say, "Hey, I am going out/doing something on Saturday, want to come along?" If she says yes, then it's a go. If she says no, then you know where you stand.

passage said:
Well don't take my advice, I tried again, and feel somewhat bad. But I think with time I'll get used to rejection and pick up the same attitude as the OP (I do have that attitude, but not when its being rejected by many women)

Ever been rejected by girls that intently flirt with you non-verbally?

I swear this happened to me recently. A girl in at a dance club made eye contact, smiled, threw her hair and intentionally bumped into me...she even came up and put her shades on my face and danced with me. But when I decided to talk actually to her she walked away in cold blood - just like that. felt like honeysuckle rest of the night.

Hopefully I can get over the fear of rejection and start asking women out.
triilsk said:
passage said:

I swear this happened to me recently. A girl in at a dance club made eye contact, smiled, threw her hair and intentionally bumped into me...she even came up and put her shades on my face and danced with me. But when I decided to talk actually to her she walked away in cold blood - just like that. felt like honeysuckle rest of the night.

Sorry that happened to you. She kinda sounds like a tease.

triilsk said:
passage said:

It happens, I think they just want to feel wanted/sexy.

passage said:

Oh yes, this happens to me a lot.

It's like they like the way I look, and then when they find out I'm shy, they run the other way.

Latest posts

Back