Bear with me...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCrow

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first post :O

I don't really know how much I'm going to write, but if it's a giant wall of text I warn you now...

I'm hoping writing this will help me sort things out, and any replies I get I will greatly appreciate.

I am 17 years old, by the way..

So I might as well start at the base of my problems, I'm in love with a girl who I'll never get a chance to share a relationship with. I hesitate to say love out loud because I know I shouldn't commit myself to that strong of a feeling, since it'll only hurt me more than it already does. But on the internet, I'm allowed to be overly dramatic, and perhaps even truthful! So the way this goes is I've known / liked this girl for around two years, but we have only been hanging out for the past four months or so.

Being the naive fool that I am, I had decided in my grade 10 year that the best way to keep myself from being an idiot around women was just to ignore any feelings I would feel towards them. Go ahead and laugh, I would laugh if I could at the moment. So I build myself a mental prison, although I saw it as a fortress, and emotionally starve myself, going about the chores of every day life. So.. bad idea to begin with, and then this girl who I've had an interest in seems to start taking an interest in me. For the first couple weeks I'm wary, I didn't want to believe that someone else could take an interest in me, and that was because I didn't want to expose myself to hurt.

However, my feelings won over in the end and I started falling for this girl, and every sign I got from her indicated that she was genuinely interested in going out. Anyway, one fateful day I ask her out, she seems a bit surprised and declines gracefully. So that confused me a bit, but she did have a boyfriend at the time, and I was surprised to find that I wasn't too hurt by this.

To shorten all the unnecessary details and get to where I am now, things continued on and I continued to think she liked me until one day when--after the event that almost convinced me that she liked me--she informed me that she was in fact interested in my friend. I feel somewhat bad saying this, but my friend is severely immature and insecure. This has improved in the past little while, so I can be grateful to this girl for that, and we (me and her) still hang out as friends, but it isn't quite the same as it could be.

What bothers me is that everyone expects me to just let my feelings for this person go. To me it isn't that simple, this wasn't / isn't just a simple crush here, this is a "I refuse to even look at a girl until I find one worth worrying over, and there she is" kind of feeling. It isn't just that, she's smart, beautiful, caring, witty, compatible with me, funny, basically anything and everything that tells me that this is the girl worth embarrassing myself for. I created very strong feelings for her in my heart, and when they weren't returned it hurt, a lot.

So where I am now, everything that is bothering me I brought on myself, which is nice because now I only hate myself, not others. I can't stop myself from reviewing their relationship, and this is what I have gathered. He's still a child in many ways, she still looks after him in many ways. She puts lots of effort into the relationship because she really likes him, he won't even hold her hand in public. Now this could be nerves, as a matter of fact I'm almost certain it is nerves, but it bothers me that he doesn't try as hard as I would, or recognize her value as much as I do. I don't know, the way I see myself, I'm independent, confident, intelligent, muscular (lol, what an odd thing to say..), sensitive, and most importantly I have a huge amount of love to give.

So in summary, I'm pretty much one giant, arrogant, and inexperienced *******. I started the problem by shutting my feelings out, because I didn't want to feel hurt. This caused me to rush when I thought I had a chance (in my defense it seemed pretty **** obvious at the time), and let down barriers too fast. So now I'm sitting around watching these two go out, another one of my friends on his way to getting a girl he has had a thing for for say two years as well. That's not bad at all, I'm happy for him and whatnot, but everything is working out for everyone but me. I have nothing going for me at the moment, other than the fact that I have friends and one of them is the girl of my dreams.

Yes, I realize I am only 17, that I'm short-sighted and I in fact tell myself that if I keep faith and wait, things will come back to me eventually. However, that short-sightedness is caused by my wish to have someone to open up to right now, wishing for someone to share a meaningful relationship with, to try to make happy in the tiniest ways possible, to see a smile from that makes my heart skip a beat. Someone whose laugh brightens my day more than the sun, who knows me better than I do, who can help me become a better person and who I can help and support through the bad times, and the good times that we have.

Yes, I realize I'm looking in the wrong place when I expect this to come to me in high school, but that's where I have to go every day, and most of the people I know are in the school. I have very small faith in teenagers, maybe because I am around them so often and some of the failures and failures-to-be tend to lower the average a bit more than they should, if we look at general numbers. Everything is relative, after all.

So that describes my life in a nutshell. There is a huge amount of things I missed, but writing more might cause the other half of you to stop reading / fall asleep. I appreciate your time, I can't talk to anybody but the internet about how I'm feeling, so if anyone has advice or stories of their own that they think might help, please leave a reply. Hell, leave a reply if you think I'm an idiot and want to let me know, that'll confirm my beliefs :)

Again, thanks for your time,

Well, yeah, the most logical thing would to be to just forget about her. I mean, she has a boyfriend and all that, and she's not outwardly chasing after you. But, I wouldn't say to just completely cut it off. It is hard to let it go, especially when you thought the world of her. But why hold on to something that isn't there? Young or old, it doesn't matter. Love just happens, and I always believed in that it happens when you least expect it. It may not be this particular girl, but eventually it happens, and it will be right when it does.

Sorry that you're going through that.
Yes very, very touch...but just know that you're not crazy.

I can relate in a way that if I love someone and i don't know how
to stop loving them.

You're willing to recongnize your feelings. Most guys don't have
a clue. Maybe it might also be helpful if you expanded your feelings
volcabuary.

Writing about you're thoughts and feelings are very helpful.
Please don't stuff your feelings, it will lead into depression.
It's a defensive machanism that you're trying to numb out
you're feelings (pain)...You're HURT becuase of the circumstance
and you're reaction to it is that of anger or envy. Then slowly
it's turing into hate. You are a very loving person...you don't
want to hate anyone....so you chose to hate yourself instead.
Mellow dramma, you are coping with it as best as you can or you know how.

Acceptence is a son of a *****. Please know when I write these
words to you, I know first hand that acceptence is not easy.
It's okay to CRY...A man will CRY. Crying hurts like hell, but it
will allow you to process your feelings and help you move forward
and heal you of the hate, anger and envy. It will also help you
let go. You can cry in private,.

Please don't hate yourself for loving someone.
Please love yourself first and foremost.

You know that you're capiable of loving someone and yourself.
When you let go of her...generally life will send another person
in your life that you might fine even more attractive and will
love you back.

It's pretty much what everbody tells me ...in my current situation.lol
Heck i was hurting so much oneday. The moment i actaully accepted
my situation for what it was...I actaully just sat and cry in a room full of people.
I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I feel much better.
I feel if though I can move forward. I feel well or better.

will...i was totally in love with a girl while in college. (many ,many moons ago)
She was my fiancee actaully. But my best friend messed her.
It kind of wacked me out for a while.
I didn't think I'd be able to ever love again.
Then my wife asked my out oneday. She was beautiful as a super model.

Let go and move on.

It's hard to do, a lot of us have been there before. Had I been in your position I would say the same thing, "it's impossible"... but it isn't impossible. Time helps and so does moving on, finding someone else, or something else to occupy your mind.

You are so young, you have so much time.

Thanks for the kind words / advice everyone. For some reason hearing this from total strangers makes it seem more valid than when I hear it from friends. I value their opinions and always take them to heart, but it's nice to know that other people in the world can understand how I feel.

It really does suck to just have to let this go, though. I mean, without this everything is dull, boring, it's like a wait until I find one with whom the attraction is true. I'm pretty sure that it's a bad thing that I wish to find that, I never seem to find anything when searching for it.

TheCrow said:
However, my feelings won over in the end and I started falling for this girl, and every sign I got from her indicated that she was genuinely interested in going out. Anyway, one fateful day I ask her out, she seems a bit surprised and declines gracefully. So that confused me a bit, but she did have a boyfriend at the time, and I was surprised to find that I wasn't too hurt by this.

I can totally relate to this. I've liked this one girl for AGES- until recently. And at the near end, i didn't ask her out.. exactly. I just sorta called her one day (since i had her number from hanging out with her as a friend) and thought i'd be able to arange a date with her (it seemed she was into me enough we were friends for a time). But yeah, i called, she didn't up, i left a message, she never called back, the day came when i saw her again and.. yeah.. she got that apprehensive look on her face which i obviously knew what it meant. It didn't surprise me. She was in fact in a relationship at that time but i just thought she was into me enough to see me again and well.. i struck out.. big time.. But hey at least you actually asked a girl out..I didn't even do that yet and i'm 19..

Don't waste that much time and energy on one person who won't reciprocate your feelings. It's difficult but... it is bound to happen at least once in every person's life.

There are a couple billion other girls in the world. I'm sure that you will find another one to love even if you don't find that someone tomorrow. Bear through the misery and hope it gets better.

Well I see a problem here. Why is the girl interested in guys if she already HAS a boyfriend? What does that tell you about how faithful she'd be to you if you guys DID happen to go out?

Hm. Based on this you mightve missed some heartache.

You seem like a nice, intelligent fellow. You'll get a girl eventually. But in the future please dont ignore your feelings :). Sometimes one has to seize the moment (and the girl) before its too late!

btw welcome to the forum!:D

New rant.

I think one of the things that's bothering me the most at the moment is the fact that I put so much effort into this woman, it's hard to just let it all go to waste. So getting on to my complaints..

I have to try soo hard to even get a chance at a relationship or delude myself into thinking I could have one, while others don't have to try at all. It isn't fair. Yes, yes, life isn't fair, and I realize that, I can deal with that. I lost my mother when I was 10, and I still think about her every day. But it's never pleasant to see life's prejudice's in action.

I don't understand why I have to try so hard and others can just wait and have the most amazing women just come straight to them. Is there a "fresia you over" gene that some of us inherit somewhere along the line? There are complete losers who I can already say will go nowhere in life and have already become addicted to drugs that have girls clinging to them. To be honest that wouldn't be the kind of woman I would date, but the fact that they have a girlfriend still stands.

Logic defies me.

will...today I asked a girl to go to the movies with me and she said yes.
It's kind of wierd actaully becuase I barely met her yesterday and we get alone fine.
I just asked her for her number and she gave it to me.
She actaully told me she was thinking about me when i called her :)
Our personality sort of match... like we're on the same page, relaxed and just being ourselves.
She's cool and have a great sence of humor too. We have a lot in common already just talking on
the phone with her. She's a little bit phyco but so am I...:p
Who knows what this will lead to.

yeah...i probably miss an opportunity to reach out to meet this person, if I was still all cuaght up in
the head with my ex-gf. I know it's not an easy thing to do...to let go

Oh wow...I'm sorry about your mother...Omg, i wouldn't even know what to do if i had to go through that.
Yes...it effects the way you process your emotions or how you deal with relationships.
I was abandent as a child...I know it effects now i deal with relationships...The emotions are very strong.
Jenni's death sent me into a tail spin...so i know it's not easy. I still see Jenni's face almost every other day.
Please keep reaching out.

I really don't feel like making another thread for this, I'm just going to bump my old one.

I think I had one of the worst days of my life today. Nothing was really wrong, but by the end of the day everything was so bad, I swear if I didn't want to hurt my family I would just end my life.

What was really bothering me is that I have been feeling worse and worse lately, and I can only talk about it with one person. As I feel worse, everyone else seems happier and I wonder what is holding me back. I know what is holding me back, I can't be happy because I won't let myself. In order to be happy I'd need to open my heart again, and start feeling. But I don't want to do that because all I can feel right now is pain and sadness, because I'm wishing so much for a meaningful relationship.

The specifics don't matter, I could complain about my day or I could just say it was fucken terrible and I can't get the energy to care. For today, I give up, yeah I doubt anyone cares but writing it makes me feel less... worthless.

TheCrow said:
I doubt anyone cares but writing it makes me feel less... worthless.
I think I've slowly reached a position where even writing things down don't make me feel less worthless. Just when I was about to pick myself up and head in a better direction with my life...

TheCrow said:
I really don't feel like making another thread for this, I'm just going to bump my old one.

I think I had one of the worst days of my life today. Nothing was really wrong, but by the end of the day everything was so bad, I swear if I didn't want to hurt my family I would just end my life.

What was really bothering me is that I have been feeling worse and worse lately, and I can only talk about it with one person. As I feel worse, everyone else seems happier and I wonder what is holding me back. I know what is holding me back, I can't be happy because I won't let myself. In order to be happy I'd need to open my heart again, and start feeling. But I don't want to do that because all I can feel right now is pain and sadness, because I'm wishing so much for a meaningful relationship.

The specifics don't matter, I could complain about my day or I could just say it was fucken terrible and I can't get the energy to care. For today, I give up, yeah I doubt anyone cares but writing it makes me feel less... worthless.

Yes...I get ya...I been there and done A LOT.
No matter how much my sponsors or people, try to help get through
it....I wasn't going to get through it no matter how much I wan't
to. I fustrate the hell out of a lot of people that tries to help me.
Not one person can handle me. Even a couple of gals held me
closed as I let out some of my tears.

Sometimes I write becuase I feel no one can hear me....actaully
listen and hear me or feel me. I couldn't resolve it no matter how
much I tried. I wouldn't wake up feeling well or okay no matter
how much I wanted. I wanted the honeysuckle in my head to stop
or the pain in my heart to fucken go way...more than anyone,
becuase that honeysuckle was driving me up the fucken wall.

There's a process to it...so i think, Idk.
I've read many blogs , threads, article. Poeple that bascailly
share thier experince, strenght, and hope.

writing never took away my pains...writing helps me see clearer
Sometimes it dosn't do honeysuckle for me.
Other times the pages are soked with tear stains.
but I'm willing to get well....writting is one of the many things I can do.

Then i stopped fighting it...fresia it.
If I obsess over her then I obsesss over her...
If I cry and can't get over her...then I'm not over her.
I'm not going to pretend I don't feel that way.
I can accept that. That's the truth. That's my truth.

I've been waking up every morning with thoughts of her for
past 3-4 days. fresia it...i didn't chose to wait up with those
thoughts and I'm not going to blame myself for it.
Maybe it was a habit of me waking up every god **** morning of thoughts of loving her for all those years...IDK.
I'm not going to blame myself for loving her or loving someone very much.

Yeah i gave up...I surrender , so god fucken help me.
Yeah..i fucken ask god to remove the obsession and pain out of me....I don't know if there's a god.
fresia it...I'm not going to question that either. I'm not going to get into especifics and start obsessing over if there's god either.
All i know is...i can't live like that anymore or feel like that anymore...I can't bare it anymore, not for one more fucken second.
The obession and pain got removed....just for a little while. fresia it...if I have to do it 5 mins at a time or 1 day at a time.
If that's what it takes...then that's what it takes..
oh fucken will...maybe it's corny or there's actaully is a god...IDK.
If that's what it takes...then that's what it takes.
I'm not fighting my obsessions anymore. I'm getting the fresia out of the way so god can work mirracles...Idk
Me..I'm the mirracle..I'll accept that too...if that's what is..then that's what it is.

Latest posts

Back