Being bullied

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was bullied.. By my own friends. Everything was going well, until I fell deeply ill. This is when a new member joined our group and changed everyone's attitude. I pretty much got called names throughout 3 years.. Laughed at.. Told everyone I was pregnant. Yeah.. I got paper thrown at me too. Had pencil shavings put on my head. Racism... Chuck all my pencils and school books at the floor repeatedly (I have no idea why the teacher didn't do anything about it). Sometimes I wished I smacked them... But I wasn't that strong in the past. I don't know really.. It's a little heartbreaking having your own friends turn their back at you... And you don't really have anyone else to lean on. I never been physically hurt, apart from one time, and I think it was a reason behind my parents, so it wasn't my problem... They just dragged me around, pushing me against the wall.. Making fun of me. Meh. I also had a shoe threw at my head.. That was painful. They changed my world upside down, I guess I'm glad I'm alone.. Better than being with them. But then it kinda made me a nicer person since I used to tease people a lot. But nowadays I can't take it when people tease me, even though it never bothered me before. :/

I understand how you feel...I have a couple of friends who go round teasing me but thats without the abuse. Never depend on adults really or even teachers. They are just to carried away with their worries to care about you.

capricious said:
Yeah, I was bullied.. By my own friends. Everything was going well, until I fell deeply ill. This is when a new member joined our group and changed everyone's attitude. I pretty much got called names throughout 3 years.. Laughed at.. Told everyone I was pregnant. Yeah.. I got paper thrown at me too. Had pencil shavings put on my head. Racism... Chuck all my pencils and school books at the floor repeatedly (I have no idea why the teacher didn't do anything about it). Sometimes I wished I smacked them... But I wasn't that strong in the past. I don't know really.. It's a little heartbreaking having your own friends turn their back at you... And you don't really have anyone else to lean on. I never been physically hurt, apart from one time, and I think it was a reason behind my parents, so it wasn't my problem... They just dragged me around, pushing me against the wall.. Making fun of me. Meh. I also had a shoe threw at my head.. That was painful. They changed my world upside down, I guess I'm glad I'm alone.. Better than being with them. But then it kinda made me a nicer person since I used to tease people a lot. But nowadays I can't take it when people tease me, even though it never bothered me before. :/

All this things that they did to you are just typical of being bulled. The teacher should had done something. Again there is to many teachers that turn the blind eye. Some teachers, sparsely some of the older ones think that some kids well always get bullied and its just apart of life. I think that kinder attitude is total BS. I wish I could go back now with the knowledge of what I have now. I would make them teachers look very old and fossilised. pluss I would not allow them to put me in a class where I was allowed to think of my self as stupid. I know now that I am not stupid. But that took a lot of years to prove to myself that I was not.

I am over the bulling that happend to me when I was at school. I don't know if it makes you into a stronger person. I mean if I was not bullied then maybe I would had got on with my work better and there for made moor of myself then what I have. All through to be very honest with you to what cards I was dealt with in life I don't think I have done all that badly. But what bulling dose to you is it takes confidence away from you. That sort of thing should not be allowed to happen at school. After all your made to go. If it was a job you could leave. Even though you would have no money but no body makes you go where as school you are made to go. If your still bothered by the thing that has happened to you there at school then why don't you do some things that would give you moor confidence like go rock climbing or back to college to do something silly like a night class are yoga. I think once you start to move on and make friends that's not just trying to be popular cos that is what happens a lot at school. I think when you get a few real friends you well look at your self a lot differently.

Friends should be honest with you but also make you feel good about yourself. If that's not happening then you really have to ask your self if there a real friend and one that you wont in your life. There are a lot of ppl in the world. Some are amazing ppl and some not. You have to find the ones that are good for you :)

PS, sorry for the longish post. I sometimes get a bit carried away :p

oh yeah. *__* and the worst part about my being a bully victim days
was that the teachers couldn't give a care. I remember telling a teacher
about a boy that ripped my earing out, and she told me "well, you have
to learn to not get other kids angry, selina"
and of course, when I finally had the courage to stand up to myself,
I got detention for a week. It made me very bitter inside, and think
differently about authority.
I think after that, I was more afraid of the teachers, than afraid of
the bullies.

SleepyKid said:
the bullies.

I can see how it can be difficult for a teacher to see how serious something is or isn't. I think maybe what happend to you was dealt with wrongly.

I think a lot of the time its up to the kid that's getting bulled to make sure they put across how serious something is. But a lot of the time a kid well ether over exaggerate something or under exaggerate something. Or even worse not say anything at all.

I think when anything in life happens to us that was unfair we just have to except that it has happend and can not be undone and try to learn from it the best we can then hopefully move on a better person from it. Allowing ourselves to be a victim is not going to help us. Sometimes through doing this can be difficult and even take time. But you can do it as I am living proof you can :)

SleepyKid Wrote:
the bullies.

My god, that must of been an awful experience!
Sounds a lot like my teachers... They used to pretend they never seen it happen... once i had things thrown at me and insulted; I noticed the teacher was watching so i walked over and asked if he would do something; he simply told me to sit down....
I walked out of the class, and got detention.

I had some interesting experiences with bullies.

For starters there was this fat kid, Derek, who would always destroy things I made in art class. He got me angry and I often wound up beating him up.

There was Forrest and Marcus. These kids knew Kung Fu, I think, they often beat me up.

Also there was Susan. Yes a girl beat me up :p And she always got away with it because the teacher would never believe it.

Then I turned 13, moved to a different school, and haven't had any violent experiences since.

Yes, its always true. Bullies are often popular and they pick on people like us, lonely, few friends and all. And don't depend on the law and authority. They say lady justice is fair, but look at her, she is fricking blindfolded...do you think she would be fair? Just my 2 cents worth.

I went to canada when I was around 9 from asia, I got bullied the first day of school at grade5, but it wasn't very bad, since kids aren't really that strong when they were around 9, they beat me up and shove sand and grass down my throat, I didn't hate them or anything because it really feel kind of care free during those age, and kids were just cruel because they're curious and just thought of it as a game.

I got picked on a lot in junior high but I met some very good friends, or I thought, my friends started picking on me along with other classmates because they wanted to be the cool kids in highschool, I never ever given much thought to the whole ethnicity thing until everybody started using racial slurs against me, it was really childish but I couldn't help it but became really depressed. It wasn't my fault to be "different', I really tried very hard to get over the language barrier, I tried very hard to hide that accent of mine, I tried very hard not to be "different" than my friends.

I started runnnig away and skipping school, and just didn't care anymore, during those years I'd go to the library, or hop on a bus and just sleep away hours and hours of my life, I became really socially anxious, I started having social phobias, the thought of having to go back to school for 6hours a day became really frightening.

I really wish I would've stood up for myself back then, it's like I started running away from everything ever since, I'm pretty much a social outcast.

SleepyKid said:
the bullies.

Wow such bullshit......

Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:
the bullies.

Wow such bullshit......

Just to clarify that Hijacc dose not mean you SleepyKid is talking BS. He means that the teacher gave you BS. Of this I am sure :)

Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:
the bullies.

Wow such bullshit......

Just to clarify that Hijacc dose not mean you SleepyKid is talking BS. He means that the teacher gave you BS. Of this I am sure :)
Im sure sleepykid knows me well enough to know Big blue. ;)

Hijacc said:
Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:
the bullies.

Wow such bullshit......

Ye I was thinking that. But better save then sorry and lol @ big blue. Am not that big at only 5.4.

Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
Bluey said:
Hijacc said:
SleepyKid said:
the bullies.

Wow such bullshit......

Ye I was thinking that. But better save then sorry and lol @ big blue. Am not that big at only 5.4.

yeah but youll forever be called bigblue by me.

Latest posts

Back