being happy

• Thread starter angeLLblueshadow
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

angeLLblueshadow

from the begining i'm apologizing if in this thread i may seem a little bit too agresive!
how many times when you tried to say somebody else how lonely you feel they said you have to be happier and to smile more often??????? if you ask me, everytime....i'm just sick of this! i mean what the hell are we supossed to all just be happy and smiley? when actually we are all just crying in silence? i'm sick of this fake happiness and i'm sick of people trying to make me this way, for me it's just impossible to just smile and be happy when actually i'm lonely i want friends but i want then to be my friends because of my real personality, melancolich and maybe sad and deep, i want happiness but i want it to be REAL!!!
do you understand me?

I do...I don't want to 'fake' being happy I want to be be truly happy, that or I could try to go back to not caring anymore..but I find that very hard now days.

I understand what you mean. It really sucks to smile when all you want to do is cry. I don't really feel like I'm forced to keep up this charade though. I choose to be this way, for me. I prefer to keep up a smile and to be optimistic. Even though I may not feel like laughing, I can make other people laugh. That makes me feel a lot better. I absolutely don't want other people to feel bad when they're around me. However, I haven't had anyone tell me to just cheer up like that. If you're sharing your feelings to someone, they should definitely be more supportive, instead of telling you to just brush it off.

I don't always just fake my happiness. Like Kevin Spacey said in American Beauty, "It's hard to be mad when there's so much beauty in the world". There is a lot of beauty besides all the bad. You just have to find it ^^

I think some people just say that to someone who doesn't seem happy because they don't know what else to say. They probably have no idea what you're feeling, so they think you can just "snap out of it". If only it were that easy.

angeLLblueshadow said:
from the begining i'm apologizing if in this thread i may seem a little bit too agresive!
how many times when you tried to say somebody else how lonely you feel they said you have to be happier and to smile more often??????? if you ask me, everytime....i'm just sick of this! i mean what the hell are we supossed to all just be happy and smiley? when actually we are all just crying in silence? i'm sick of this fake happiness and i'm sick of people trying to make me this way, for me it's just impossible to just smile and be happy when actually i'm lonely i want friends but i want then to be my friends because of my real personality, melancolich and maybe sad and deep, i want happiness but i want it to be REAL!!!
do you understand me?

aaaahhh... what can i say,,,,
of course i understand you and agree with you.. BUT...

i think ( on my own exp.) it's better to tell everything to your BEST friend (except father/mother/sister/brother/grandfather/grandmother/dog/cat/fish/iguana :) /virtual friend/ no ideas more :)) )

so.. i think it's a good idea to tell this to a real person... that you know he would never upset you... would never harm you... always will listen to you carefully...

Ugh, I know what you mean. There was this really annoying preppy girl in my french class who would randomly say "smile" to me. I'd just give her a look and say "Why, I have no reason to smile." It really annoyed me. I feel kind of bad now that I think about it. She just wanted me to be happy so I guess that is why she always said that.

I want real happiness as well. I have friends but they don't seem to understand. They get mad at me if I try to tell them things. I feel so lonely since I don't know anyone who is there for me, someone who will make me happy.

People have been telling me to smile all my life and it really pisses me off when they do it. Maybe it's my facial expression, maybe I just look sad all the time.

Latest posts

Back