Being Quiet equals Psycho killer???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost Boy

Reaction score
This is something that's been bothering me. See I'm a quiet person and pretty sure many of you here are considered quiet and reserved as well. But ever since I've been going to school, I've been considered scary. I've been called dangerous, crazy, potential terrorist and that I'll blow up the school one day or become a serial rapist and that I'm out to hurt them. Why? Because I don't talk as much? I was(or am) pretty much that way because I'm not that much of a talker. I don't say much unless I feel like there's something to be said. Also, I don't like having that much attention on myself. When I went to college things did change and I opened up but every now and then I get these comments like for instance when a friend made a joke about me, he told me "Calm down, Mike[my name]. Don't go shooting up the school." Why would you say something like that?

I have to ask, all this generalization about a person because their quiet or do they feel the bad things they say about said person would make them retaliate in such away?

They might find it 'funny.'

Tell them that it isn't. Introspection is not a pretrait to violence. Some of the most ugly and terrible pond scum who look like people that I know were very social people.

Among males we usually find something about a person that's easy to make fun of and we give each other honeysuckle about it (jovially). It's easy to equate the quiet kid with unibomber; you get honeysuckle for it. I doubt anyone calling you out for your quietness actually means anything by it, it's just the equivalent of giving a friend a hard time about how they style their hair or their clothing.

I think you're reading too far into it, but that's my opinion. =\

people say the same thing about me. because i am quiet and dont smile often apparently i look like a serial killer.

I was a quiet little kid. I didn't turn into a killer. But, I must admit, it's the quiet ones you have to watch out for, simply because you never expect it from quiet people.

Stride said:
Among males we usually find something about a person that's easy to make fun of and we give each other honeysuckle about it (jovially). It's easy to equate the quiet kid with unibomber; you get honeysuckle for it. I doubt anyone calling you out for your quietness actually means anything by it, it's just the equivalent of giving a friend a hard time about how they style their hair or their clothing.

Yeah, I think this is the best explanation as well.

IgnoredOne said:
Stride said:

Yeah, I think this is the best explanation as well.

I second that. I had a classmate in high school we were giving a hard time from time to time. I think it's because quiet people are interesting, they differ from most people. As you know most people doesn't know when to shut their mouths.

Stride said:

Yeah I see what your saying. I have male friends like that do that to one another. It just kinda bothered me that people would just make wild assumptions or rather jokes like that about said person even though they don't really know them. Then again, I am that type of person who reads too far into things.

Its what guys do. You put down each other, sometimes subtly, try to vie for a kind of invisible hierachy. Nothing unhealthy about it.

Yeah I know what you mean, in HS people would say that I would lose it and shoot up the campus...I didnt mind since the majority people meant it in a serious way and I did like the feeling of having people be scared of me.

Someone said because I am a loner with no friends and spend all my time in my room I have the profile of a serial killer. Its nonsense. I don’t chose to live like this. I’ve never committed a crime in my life, don’t remember even thumping anyone. Violence is just not in my nature. I have a female cat who comes and sits with me and I like cooking. Not attributes of a serial killer surely?

Serial Killers have friends and family’s and lives most of the time don’t they? I’m not well read on serial killers but the ones I have heard of did. This view of an isolated creepy outcast who is a loner surely stems from the film psycho. And that was a F**KING FILM!

Also psychotic people are not meant to be self aware so they would not end up at the doctors or on a forum like this?

The stupid thing and big sin that people do in this life is TO JUDGE.

The fact that you are quite is your problem and you deal with it and also you must don't take these expressions in serious, you better find a way to improve yourself everyday than give attention to all that stupid things that some people say.

Also, in almost all cases people who are quite think more and better after doing something - take it as an advantage.

haha..dont trust them..whether you are physo killer or not..it depends on you..hold yourself..dont get affected by their words!!

As for me...being silent is not weird at all..I rather of being silent..

I used to b loud..it is not fun at all..really dont fit me..silent is easy..

As long as you dont break any law..go ahead..!! do what you feel good to do..if you want to silent..just silent..if you want to get loud..just voice out..if you want to make joke..just do it..eventhought no one will laugh..just do it..haha..:D

People think that if you're silent that you're hiding something sinister.

Well call me crazy, but it's rude to be all loud and let everyone know what you are before you kill them.

that just ain't good for business

cumulus.james said:
Someone said because I am a loner with no friends and spend all my time in my room I have the profile of a serial killer. Its nonsense. I don’t chose to live like this. I’ve never committed a crime in my life, don’t remember even thumping anyone. Violence is just not in my nature. I have a female cat who comes and sits with me and I like cooking. Not attributes of a serial killer surely?

Serial Killers have friends and family’s and lives most of the time don’t they? I’m not well read on serial killers but the ones I have heard of did. This view of an isolated creepy outcast who is a loner surely stems from the film psycho. And that was a F**KING FILM!

Also psychotic people are not meant to be self aware so they would not end up at the doctors or on a forum like this?

For the record, the bond villain Blofeld has a cat :p

I had the same problem at school, people said that i was scary and was even called a psycho and wouldnt be suprised if i was involved in genocide, but then again I am interested in criminality, guns, politics, history and do have a pretty moodly looking face and a slight awkwardness in some social situations which i dont have an interest or feel comfortable in and was pretty shy <gues that sets off alarm bells!

Its just other people judging you. Everyone does it. its a way that your brain uses to keep you safe- you take in attitudes and behaviour of the people around you and they stay with you and pop up sometimes- in your case when the others saw a shy quiet person in the corner and may have sensed some sort of threat (possibly based on too much tv). Sure, criminal profiling often uses assumptions and judgements of people to create profiles of killers etc, but its not exact and can be wrong. Anyway, try not to think too much into this stuff, i used to, but now i just laugh it off. I just though of it as showing i had a presence that stood out of the crowd. Im sure that we wont turn into killers or anything :)

Oh thats not a good idea ive tried that before- lets just say i was seen as rather convincing.......

obviously the people had never heard of Hanibal Lecter!

apparently i never look happy, and always 'fed-up' some people in my school have said i look like a psycho, even one of my teachers (the most awesome teacher ever btw!), most joking but then some people sound like they're trying too hard to be joking and i could swear they really think that....

Latest posts

Back