being stared at?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

perfanoff

I have a certain family member that I have found, irritates the hell out of me. I haven't been able to wrap my finger around it but it seems that every time I see her, she stares intently at me. I'm not talking about eye contact here - probably 90% of the time she will be looking straight in my face.

It usually makes me irritated or sketchy but today is one of the days where I am in a bad mood and I got angry at her today instead. I found that even looking in her eyes for 10 seconds, she doesn't even flinch her staring at me.

Has anyone else experienced that? Is it invasion of privacy if that happens?

I get stare at alot when im at walmart mostly because of my black metal shirts I wear. One time I was at walmart wearing a burzum shirt, some guy comes up to me saying to me "you better find god in your life" and I said "I need to find dishwashing soap first one thing at a time" I made some teenage kid laugh and the mom slapped him for it.

And as far as your family member goes, I would make faces but not mean ones but smiles like your so happy to see her. Then find the person near you and point out to her and say "hey so and so, look at her, she looks so beauitful today, looks like she lost some weight or she had some great sex lately" and keep kissing her ass and maybe the other person wpuld join in. She get so sick of it.

I have...oddly bright hair. I've been stared at, had my head petted by complete strangers, told "I'm what's wrong with today's youth" by old people, etc etc.

You should have a staring contest with her.

Yeah I hate being stared at. It makes me feel so akrward to say the least. In those situations I freeze up and try to walk away slowly so I'm not making it obvious. It's always made me feel uncomfortable, ever since I was younger.

if i think someones staring at me i just tell myself that they're checkin me out and likin' what they see ;p
maybe i'll pull up my belt or do a casual flex.. maybe bend over a bit if the situations right \o/

Yeah there is a guy in the library who i found staring at me many times. Duh!! I don't have the guts to go straight to him and ask what's the problem.

old thread but yeah I saw couple of goofy teens staring at me in lunch. Cause I was siting by myself such cowards.

If its some cutie staring at me then I'll go say hi, but when a group of people peek over at me all by myself, and laugh it makes me think they're talking about me...Which makes me want to rupture some skulls...(of course I never do).

I used to starred at for no apparant reason. And then somebody would laugh at me for nothing.

Doesn't happen much now though !

alexcmons said:
old thread but yeah I saw couple of goofy teens staring at me in lunch. Cause I was siting by myself such cowards.
I get stared at by people quite a lot. There are two ways to deal with it that always work for me:

1. Ask if there is a problem to the person staring. The response is usually 'Erm... well...'.

2. Just stare back. And if they do it again then you do it again. They soon give up.

If I’m being stared at I usually give a cocky point and wink with a "thank you very much" (said in an Elvis voice for bonus points) which usually works in snapping the offender out of their stare and making them feel embarrassed for being rude.

jesusthankyoufm7.gif

I know how you feel OP. Being stared at for a certain period of time can get on your nerves especially when you don't have much going for yourself in your life as far as independence goes. I for one get the stares amongst being a little overweight as well as not graduating or getting close to graduating university for my degree at the age of 21 as society or my relatives so to speak, dictates that I should be getting there by now. It's hard dealing with it and the only solution I have is to not let others get to you and just continue to do what feels right to you. Focus on improving your self image and perhaps they'll be less of those kind of stares at you.

one time my sister wouldnt stop staring at me...i said nicely waht r u looking at...she wouldnt stop...almost a death stare so got ******* pissed and bitched her out

There was 1 person who wouldn't stop staring at me back when i was in school, man it made me so angry, so much so that i'd frequently and sometimes successfully attack the person, i can't understand now why it bothered me so deeply back then.

Latest posts

Back