Black and White

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qui

Reaction score
I've been taking a class on black and white photography.
It's pretty neat, I have an old minolta film camera and we develop the film ourselves and print in a darkroom, sort of typical black and white photography.
I recently scanned a few pictures for facebook so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'll put some up here too.

I missed the bus to take this picture.
picImissedthebusfor.jpg

Since the last picture caused me to miss the bus I was forced to walk to school, at which point I came across some foxtails overhanging the sidewalk and decided they wanted to be photographed.
foxtails.jpg

What is the definition of a tree creeper? A person who climbs up in a tree with a camera to take pictures of their friends.
Treecreeper.jpg

Idk about this one, the chemicals got funny.
bump.jpg

I'm not going to lie, those are all very good (especially the wheat one), at least to my untrained eye .

I do not know what it is about black and white photography that appeals to me so. I wish I could find more of it, especially for my desktop.

I forgot to post the best one.
This picture changed my life.
So, for those of you who have never been in a darkroom, it's dark in there.
You can see, but not well enough to judge how well a picture came out beyond the preliminary "it's too dark" or "I left the corner out of the developer so half the picture is blank". So, when I took this out of the darkroom I was shocked and awed at how cool it was. It seriously changed my life.
Also, this is my first attempt at overlapping negatives. So it's not like I have extensive experience here. I just got lucky.
buddhainashoppingcart.jpg

I don't know anything about photography, but I like them very much =)

Cool stuff qui, that last one has poverty, confinement and loneliness all rolled into one image, at least that's what i see. The one with a fence makes me think of the 1950's sitcoms or maybe even something like the original wizard of oz.

idk to me it seems like black and white images are more bold than color images, like your brain has less to think about because there aren't colors to worry about so it just gets straight to what's at the heart of the image, that's why I like black and white images and movies too. Thanks for sharing qui

Should have used a black sharpie... we used green and it's not really dark enough.
face.jpg

lol, thats cool you can tell there's a smilie face on your hands.

those are really good qui, i really like that picture of the street where you can see your shadow it's really cool

evanescencefan91 said:
lol, thats cool you can tell there's a smilie face on your hands.

those are really good qui, i really like that picture of the street where you can see your shadow it's really cool

Thanks, but hey that's not me. That's my best friend's girlfriend.
lol, I'm not skilled enough to take pictures of myself.
Yeah but that is my shadow on the street... :)

So I just found 3 more prints that I had stashed in my biology lab book about a month ago and promptly forgot about. So yeah, here they are.

This is my kid sister and her pet bunny;
bunny.jpg

This is a cool chimney;
Chimney.jpg

And this is a street sign;
evergreen.jpg

way kool. I love them. My favorite is the one with the park and the girl covering her face

Great photos Qui!

I have developed quite a penchant for b/w photographs (especially of cemetaries) ever since I saw this awesomely disturbing one:

Xasthur cover art for the album "Defective Epitaph"

e25dc657c807fb8a99deb4346bd14b4c_fu.jpg

The more bleached, the better IMO, hehe...

Like, if you've ever seen the film "Begotten," its a good example of what I'm talking about.
Actually, since you like b/w photography, you should maybe check out that film (unless you're easily disturbed by disturbing things;).

Single and Multiple Objects Under Studio Lights.
mudkip.jpg

crayons.jpg

Senior Picture of a Friend; Rejected for Obvious Reasons.
AlexEyesClosed.jpg

Latest posts

Back