Book Club??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwasaloverb4thiswar

Reaction score
Knight gave me this idea; would any of you be interested in a book club like deal? You know, one book a month everyone reads and then discusses?

I think it could work, although I realize a lot of us have the attention span of a knat lol. I really love to read but lately have had a hard time focusing on anything for too long, I figure this would be a good motivational tool.

Anyway, we could switch up who gets to pick the books, and maybe we could limit it to relatively short novels, and maybe only classics since these are books that would have to be available to people in all countries. Anyway, your thoughts would be appreciated, I figure if we find some ppl that want to participate we will start next month (March).

Post or send me a PM if you are interested :)

Sarah

Sounds like fun, how about Tolstoy's Anna Karenina? :)

ALL.com Book Club, YEAH!! THE ABC!

I'm in, defo, i was looking for a book club as well. excellent.............. most excited :)

okay so that makes three...a nice solid number, certainly room for more...now the biggest question is, short of doing what unacceptance said and just reading whatever he is...how do we select a book?

Obviously we are a diverse group with different tastes, but I am of the school that good writing is good writing no matter who you are. So should we nominate books then vote on them?
Should we do it in turns? Purely fiction? Keep 'em short?

I don't know, so talk amongst yourselves and let's figure it out!!

And yay luisa welcome to the forum...i like the first bit of your sig there, is that your own?

That sounds awesome. How about finding an online resource where we can read books? Because, as much as I'd like to, I can't go out and buy books every month. :(

iwasaloverb4thiswar said:
And yay luisa welcome to the forum...i like the first bit of your sig there, is that your own?

Thanks! I wish i could take credit for the sig, it's from a song called Breathe Me by Sia, it's a tremendous song.
here's the link to the video

back to the book club - i honestly am not fussed what we read, the last few book i read have been biographies, jimi hendrix being the latest so as we're looking for fiction, i'll wait for someone else to choose :)

VanillaCreme said:
That sounds awesome. How about finding an online resource where we can read books? Because, as much as I'd like to, I can't go out and buy books every month. :(

Yup, we can post a link to a pdf ebook version of the books as well, great idea Vanilla!

i would defiantl;y be interested, i love reading and i need more motivation to do more free reading

would anyone be interested in reading frankenstein?

it's my favorite classic,

it's just a phenomion book

VanillaCreme said:

Public. Library.

Oh, I'm so down for this! And I second Caesium's motion about Anna Karenina. I read other books by Tolstoy before, but AK is supposed to be his big one. It's a classic and everybody should be able to find it without trouble at their local public library.

Anymore thoughts on the book club? So far we have to titles

Anna Karenina ( 2 votes)
Frankenstein (1 vote)

Anyone wanna add anything else? Who knows how to get the pdf for either of them, I actually have no idea how to do it?

Luisa said:
Anymore thoughts on the book club? So far we have to titles

Anna Karenina ( 2 votes)
Frankenstein (1 vote)

Anyone wanna add anything else? Who knows how to get the pdf for either of them, I actually have no idea how to do it?

I've already got the pdf version of Anna Karenina if anyone wants it. I can just upload it somewhere and post a link to it here. Although, I would advise you all to just take the book out at a library, it will be much easier on your eyes.

well that solves that, personally i would prefer a book copy, as you say it is easier on the eyes. It was just for anyone who couldn't get copies

fab :D

okay i'm fine with tAnna

lol while i was working at the bookstore on saturday i saw a copy of it, lol kinda big,

man and tolstry (spling?) that's some pretty indepth stuff
i read dead souls in 8th grade, it was kinda hard to comprehend
then when i was really bored i read the sparknotes to war and peace :p

but hey i just finsihed ratime for school
i'm down with that i can probably check it out at the library or see if it's still at the book store

so then can we agree on that and then i can start assigning pages and handing ut the worksheets, we'll have a quiz every week to make sure everyone is doing they're reading

XD XP

wow that was weird i think my humanities possed my body to take vengance against my tardyness :p

actually my humminties teahcer is great i'm gonna have to get her a barnes and noble gift card to thank her for not dropping me or like bring dougnuts to the class on my last day

So that settles it I suppose, The ABC's book for the month of March is Anna Karenina! Yay!

For those that don't have copies, I believe there is a pdf available (see above posts).

So I think we keep discussion informal, post questions/observations at will. Get excited!!!

yayy i actually got it from the schools library today i'll start it over the weekend

it's quite big

but that's tolsty for you

:)

Latest posts

Back