Break the friendships that are bringing you down

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
(Please read important) I want to tell you they are many emotional vampires out there trying to find a prey to demolish your positivity. I've just blocked one of my friends and thought for long why I should let him stay out of my way. You know, when you're lonely and craving for a companionship, you are more likely to make bad friends and cling onto them and allowing them to manipulate you. The cycle goes over and over. I forgave that friend too many times, hoping someday he will understand me or get changed by himself but it did not. Lonely people are easy target for those energy vampires. They feed on your positive energy and put you down but would show no support. So if you have a friend who hurts your feelings often or say he/she has many problem and you try your best, putting much effort to help your friend but that person simply deflects that away, TAKE A DISTANCE. I will tell you from my experience.

1). I tried to help my bad friend too many times, because he was always saying he is struggling with his English, exams and many other stuff. I would show embrace from the bottom of my heart but he would push that away. As a friend I would put much effort, stressing out myself to make him realise there are many ways. Those bad friends mumble around and when you try to help them they just make you put more effort.
2). Emotional vampires would never support you. My friend ( bad person )consistently tried to put me down ( he never accomplished anyway). For example, when I tell him to play an online game together at 9pm. He would say Ok but make me wait for very long. It is just like starting up a fire and leave that to diminish subtly. That is not done yet. When I'm right about give up and close my social media page, he would appear and say let's do that . It is just like you want a hot ceylon tea. You have the cup of hot water but your friend has the teabag. You want him to put the teabag when the water is hot. But that person would leave the hot water to cool down and then try to put the teabag afterwards. If you have ever been in a situation like this, Don't let them use you up. Some people feel good about themselves by making someone feel frustrated.

3). They would never accept your offer. You want fun and have a good time. You make an idea and invite your friend. But what if he refuses all the time. If someone is doing that all the time, he may be busy all the time or not much interested in you but what if that person is trying to intentionally put you down especially when you have very few friends or only that person. Someone's frustration what they get satisfaction from.

4). Do not fall into excuses many times. Excuses should not be made all the time. There has been many times that he made me wait for long. And he would appear offline on fb and do not reply to my phone messages. Whenever I question him what happened, he would make unimaginative excuses. Making excuses 10 times in a row can not be all just a coincidence. I mean he was lying.

5). Do not fall into their WICKED traps over and over. They may seem to appear humble, innocent, introverted, timid but you would never know what they are planning or think badly about you. Break the cycle, stay positive and aspire for your dreams. Do not let emotional vampires put you down and treat you poorly by showing no support. Friendship is built upon trust, support, honesty and care.
I've spotted that friend of mine as an emotional vampire and I've just realised today. I was stupid to let him get into my life and make me feel mentally exhausted again and again( but he never succeeded ) I blocked him on facebook 3 times before. Now I am doing again. That's my story, That what I wanted to warn you people. Best wishes ! Have a great day. Here in Mongolia, we are having a great Naadam Festival :)

(Hey you emotional vampire, I know you're stalking my posts and reading at this moment. Who do you think you are. You better fresia off and stay away from me. I have a wonderful family which supports me, and awesome people in this forum, wonderful church, very awesome American acquaintances here in this country and Lord God by my side. Hope you the best, someday you will regret )

Know the feel, mate. Got rid of a friend just like that and the act brought my friend count to zero but I actually feel much better. We keep denying the signs because they seem to be good people but after you are out of the situation, you can see how bad it was.

I'm glad you got out of it.

Yep!

In order to be happy, you need to rid the toxic relationships in your life. Get rid of the fun-suckers! :)

Nicolelt said:
Get rid of the fun-suckers! :)

Get rid of fun suckers? But they taste so good. :D

But seriously, I never have to get rid of any friendships with people who bring me down because they never become my friends to begin with.

EDIT: Okay, there was a few times where "friends" turned out to be hurtful bastards, but that was a long time ago, and I'm much better at choosing my friends now.

Bebeskii, you are completely right in all you say here.

Your post is great and I have found that, unfortunately, some people are vampires just like you say. Trying to makes things right with them is a never-ending circular argument that always ends in chaos and frustration. In my opinion, there comes a time when trying to work things out with them is just no longer worth it.

Ruthie said:
Bebeskii, you are completely right in all you say here.

Your post is great and I have found that, unfortunately, some people are vampires just like you say. Trying to makes things right with them is a never-ending circular argument that always ends in chaos and frustration. In my opinion, there comes a time when trying to work things out with them is just no longer worth it.

Exactly ! :):)

OP: You are absolutely correct! I'll have to remember your phrase "emotional vampires." That's a good one. My friend and I tend to call it "the dumping syndrome." People treat you like a landfill bc they come and just dump sadness, anger & constant drama on you. I find that its even worse when its family members. Ugh!

angel_in_view said:
OP: You are absolutely correct! I'll have to remember your phrase "emotional vampires." That's a good one. My friend and I tend to call it "the dumping syndrome." People treat you like a landfill bc they come and just dump sadness, anger & constant drama on you. I find that its even worse when its family members. Ugh!

Yepp

Latest posts

Back