British and Irish Lions Tour of Aus.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lippy_Kid

Reaction score
British and Irish Lions Tour of Australia (and anything else rugby related or even sports related)

Any rugby fans on the forum? As a proud Welshman (when it suits me) I've been looking forward to this tour for a while and thought they looked in good shape in the warm up game in Hong Kong at the weekend.

A Lions tour is an elite team of players selected from Wales England, Scotland and Ireland (or home nations as they're typically called) which tours every 4 years to the southern hemisphere nations in turn so either New Zealand South Africa or Australia. Its a tremendous spectacle for a rugby lover and a unique occasion where local rivalries are put aside and we all play as one (although local bickering about who gets picked still inevitably persist).

Anyway its bloody great...does anyone else care? Thought I'd start a sports discussion thread as they've always been a bit lacking on here.

I used to love watching rugby when I was in school.. and followed it then. But I haven't now for years. Haven't heard of this tour though. Wonder if I'd still get the same kick from watching it. But sorry, you won't get much with me on a discussion about this.. hehe. Actually this post is rather redundant, but I just feel like rambling... it's a good distraction.. okay I'll stop now. :\

Ha, ANY first post to a new topic is much welcomed LF. :D

I kind of expect it will be a struggle to get a good discussion on rugby going!

I like rugby but I find sport a bit boring if I watch it on my own I guess! Sorry :rolleyes:

I'd happily watch it down the pub or something and get quite into it. I'd pull out my Lions shirt if it wasn't so warm!

I used to watch it when I was younger, but after England finally won the World Cup, my interest started to wane. I keep up with the results, but I don't really watch it any more.

Latest posts

Back