Buying clothes as a short-average height male

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love clothes but I hate shopping for precisely this reason! It's so frustrating having to try on so many clothes to find one that fits right. I am only slightly taller than the average woman but most of the time pants that sit right at the hips end up being too short. So I end up wearing skirts and dresses most of the time even though I really want to be in comfortable pants! But I realise this issue is worse for men who don't have alternatives :(

Buying clothes online and shopping in clothes stores located within Asian countries was said to be a paradise for men of shorter height. I can easily imagine that knowing that the average clothing size here in America seems to suit the American stature much better. The same can be said likewise for the average Asian stature too.

I got this from Antonio Centeno. He said it the best:

That part of the video is followed by a tip where he encourages men to shop in the kids section. I remember back when I was shopping in Old Navy I always thought that I need to shop for clothes that suited "men's size", whatever that was. At the same time, I also considered shopping in the kids section because the clothes there suited my size better when I was still young. Thinking back to it now, I must have been on to something!

ardour said:
So why do clothing manufacturers hate short-to-average height men, do they just not want us wearing their brands?

Oh I feel your pain.
At 5.4 in height and only a 28" waist it can be a nightmare sometimes trying to find clothes. I have to travel to Nottingham which is the closest city to me rather then use the town that is closer to me to buy my clothes. I think the city caters for a broader verity of people.

It is frustrating though!

Latest posts

Back