Came back to this forum after...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryKoreanMan

Reaction score
My friend sent me a link to someones Facebook via msn messenger while I was in a state of perpetual calm. I view said website for 10 minutes and am then compelled to view several other old school friends facebooks. State of mind is then disrupted as an hour passes. I am then overcome with intense rage/sadness/pity/envy and proceed to snap my keyboard (This was an old keyboard and I have surplus :D) in two and punch the walls of my room until they started to swell. Calm partially restored.

Therapeutic? yes/no?

How did you manage not to punch a hole in your bedroom wall? That's what I want to know. Were they made out of something besides sheeted drywall?

As long as nobody was negatively impacted by your actions, then I suppose it was therapeutic if you felt better afterwards.
Damaging property is a bad habit to have, though, especially if it's not your property.

Calm down sir and be careful. We are all interconnected in the fabric of unfolding space/time. We must learn to rejoice in others fortunes so long as they are not at our undesired expense. Or at least not our perceptions of others destroy the quality of our own life. To master such is to attain a fulfilling life, no matter how seemingly mundane... Perhaps...

AngryKoreanMan said:
Bricks my dear Sophia. Bricks

O_O so your hands swelled up as a consequence of punching the walls?

Ouch.

You know, you might scare people away with that level of anger. I'd certainly pee myself (not literally) and do this *backs away* Then i'd be like "I don't think we can be friends....." please don't hurt me.

Oh masterful Starfish, your words speak volumes of truth that comfort my soul and warm my heart. But one question I must ask of thee good sir. How may one attain such an understanding of stated meta-physical being through the trappings of daily life for we are constantly bombarded with the mentions of others fortunes? Human nature seeks to derail an attainment of such a righteous goal. Perhaps tis a lesson learned with age for I am young, wild but not free.

@SophiaGrace haha, I'd never hurt another human being or animal physically or mentally unless I was to reciprocate an attack of such in defense of myself or others. Swelling was mild, I do a lot of calisthenics so my connective tissue is particularly strong and theres nothing fish oil + ice can't fix!

Don't punch brick walls. Believe me, several months ago I did that and had to go to the doctor, then another, get an x-ray, get surgery done, and wear a cast for 2 months. All in a foriegn country as well where I didn't speak the local language. Now 2 of my knuckles are look like they are pushed back.

I haven't punched my walls...yet lol.

Although I have had instances where I was about to.

you guys are lame.

I used to punch brick walls for training. i'd kick em and head butt them till I start to look like a fresh zombie to completed my meditation.

eventually the fists become harder than bricks. no joke

nah jk :)

Thanks for showing me 1 good side to not having friends.

"rage/sadness/pity/envy "
Pity ? for who ? them or yourself ? care to explain ?
It sounds like ( in some ways ) you envy the life they have ... try not to do it if it's possible.
They might have more problems than you but they are not gonna post it there,... so you might very well be in a better position than they are.

Anyway I think this episode hints that you could have some pent up aggression ... I wonder what really caused it.

To answer your question : No, violent behaviors are never positive. It's better to let out frustration in other ways ... have you tried writing down your thoughts ? talking about it with someone ?
( Some say doing regular physical activity or ( this may sound weird ) playing video games helps to get rid of problems ).

But of course going to therapy could be more effetive,it could help you understand what's the hidden reason of this anger and give you a key to unleash it without negative conseguences. :)

Before going nuts the next time, take a deep breath and try to evaluate if what you are going to do will actually be of help to your situation or not, it's a good way to avoid doing rushed and pointless things. :)

Stay cool buddy :)

Latest posts

Back