Can't win

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regumika

Reaction score
im going to preface that this is pretty much a rant.. just to let out some steam..

there are people that just wont admit that they are ever wrong or is possible of making mistake. not only that.. but sometimes even if they arent wrong.. they dont want others to be right in their presence.

making coffee... i make coffee a certain way.. then i am told that thats not how they like their coffee made.. "okay, sure. ill do it like you want next time"... next time rolls around.. nope, i must have done something wrong.. because now i am told to make it the way i did the first time. <-- okay, that was probably a really bad example..

sleeping with a fan.. "turn it towards me, because im hot..." then later.. "why did you have to turn the fan towards me, its annoying."... so.. do you want the fan or not?

--

i find that there is always a complaint about something.. always justifying that its not their fault.

-the program was glitching
-the instructions were wrong
-it didnt tell me to do it
-it must have been broken
-it worked last time
-no one told me
-it shouldnt have been designed that way
-its not working like it is supposed to

also demoralizing comments..

-why didnt you buy it?
-i thought you were going to do it.
-you should have remembered

--

anyways.. i just wanted to get that out of my head. but it is really frustrating to be the recipient of all the above behaviors.

Generally people don't like to be wrong as this shows that they're weak, but it's only the most stubborn who are the worst; I think they actually believe that they're right. It's these people I'd like to slap into reality.

Seems like a reoccurring adaptation nightmare, I feel for you, Regumika!

When I heard my mom actually apologize for being wrong, I thought someone slipped me some real potent drugs causing me to hallucinate, to which I was going to have a heart attack soon afterwards.

Because she is NEVER. EVER. Wrong. :p

Cherish that moment it will probably never happen again and if you remind her of it she will deny it ever happened.

lol jk

Yeah it has not happened since... And of course I will always cherish it :p
I will also always remember the time my dad stared us both wrong said we were BOTH wrong and to shut up... lol

9006 said:
Generally people don't like to be wrong as this shows that they're weak, but it's only the most stubborn who are the worst; I think they actually believe that they're right. It's these people I'd like to slap into reality.

This would be the most obvious one. From time to time I come across people who just make my brain wrinkle with their amount of stubbornness or downright ignorance.

Yeah....that would drive me nuts. That's basically a lack of respect being talked down upon.

Latest posts

Back