Carla's going to quit smoking!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel

Reaction score
Carla (Samba101) has said she will quit smoking. She currently smokes up to 15 a day, which is just F***ING outrageous. So give her all the support and advice you have got!!!

GO CARLA GO CARLA! GO!!!

Whoa hold your horses, I'm thinking about quitting and looking at reducing my intake at the moment, but I tried it last week and I did not succeed, caved in. I have no will power, so please no positive posting, I'll feel like a fraud. Reason why I am thinking about quitting is because I notice my breathing is slightly laboured and I don't want to end up with emphysema, having to breathe on an oxygen tank, this is the most times in years since I've thought aobut giving up, I just haven't reached the final place where I can put my plans into action.

Don't feel bad or like a fraud!. If you don't first succeed, TRY AGAIN!

If it takes you a while that is ok. Better in 6 months than doing it till the day you die :)

Yes that's true, I'm looking at buying tobacco instead and see if I can reduce my intake there plus financially it will be more affordable.

Quit smoking and eat fruits (lol memories when I say that to you)

Just 15 a day? I must be real bad then. I smoke over 40 a day :O

I don't really want to quit, because smokers get cancer, and so do non-smokers. The day i stop smoking is the day non-smokers stop getting cancer.

Anyway, cutting down is the best way to start, and yeah, tobacco is waaaay cheaper. Good luck Samba :D

i am reminded of a comedienne that was asked recently when would she consider giving up?

she said, "when they find a black shadow on her lung x-ray" :p

sometimes i think thats pretty much the only thing that would spur me to give up too. and then there is the money down the drain.

but ****, i need a vice to get me through....

Cold turkey might not be the best way to go, due to withdrawls, and especially from such a large ammount. Cutting it down to 10 a day, then 5, and eventually none might be a safer way to go. But whatever path she chooses, best wishes and I'm proud of you! :D

Carla and Pun,

My granny died of emphysema :(

She smoked all her life....

Dont let that happen to you.

I had to watch her die, laboring for breath while trying to tell me she loved me and that she'd see me in heaven. Eventually she could no longer process oxygen through her lungs and my aunts/uncles just took her home to die.

She died a few months ago.

I know she could've lived longer had she not smoked. Perhaps she could've lived to see me graduate.

In any case, i miss her. And you dont know what you'll miss later in life if you dont quit smoking.

Lots of love,
Soph

awwww, i'm sorry about your granny :(, and thanks for caring enough to share that with us.

*hugs*

I quit 4 years ago! I find that it is easier to quit during the summer time. There is more of a chance to enjoy the weather and being active. Strenous excercise and constant movement helps distract you from wanting to smoke. I also had the patch and slowly lowered the nicotine level in the patches. Isolation is another helpfull thing when trying to quit. It is so easy to give in when you see someone else smoking. You just need to keep on trying. Smoking is stupid, and everyone is stupid for smoking (no offense, but its true).

hey that's great carla/samba good luck with that,

or if it get's to be too hard, i wish more people would look into those electronic cigarettes, thestarting pack is expensive, but the refills are cheaper so in the long run you'll save money, it's cleaner, no smoke, it's just plain nictonine vapor so you get the nictotine buzz/high with non of the ( or other worse) harmful chemicals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_cigarette

but regardless if you try something like that or a nictotin patch or just plain cold turkey ( or just slowely smocking a little less each day would be good too)

we're here for you and we belive in you

:D

good-luck.jpg

Latest posts

Back