Catharsis

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaedron

Reaction score
Hello, my real name is Steven, and now I'm going to try to write something about myself without going overboard.

Basically I've always been a free spirit, chasing after things that inspire me and that I enjoy. I've seen many hardships growing up, but I was at least lucky enough to find a good friend along the way.

Our passion was D&D, fantasy, video games, anime, anything with a creative storyline. Also very into music, especially rare and obscure bands, but I generally like Metal and Ambient. My favorites are: Therion, Blackmores Night, Dead Can Dance, Mike Oldfield, and Tangerine Dream. Oh also Pink Floyd / Alan Parsons. I probably had 500 cds, but I recorded them to my PC and now have over 50 gigs just on my harddrive.

My family on the other hand were very spiritual, especially my father who seemed like someone who had all the answers. I've always found myself attracted to philosophy, and exploring the mysteries of life and even other cultures. I would seek to call myself a global citizen and although wonderful in fiction, I abhor violence and often find myself very concerned about the state of the world.

I'm a writer, but these years have served as little more then honing for my skills. Or maybe I'm just my own worst critic. Either way I keep finding myself scattered between so many projects and then many of them were abandoned when I attained new levels of sophistication.

I've had a rough time finding my place, and I'm still searching. I'm kind of a lazy person. I have to have sufficient motivation for even the simplest of things. I've had some jobs in the past but they were not a true calling and I quickly got bored with them. I learned it is very important to find something you will deeply enjoy.

I'm also a very deep person. I've done a lot of studying, and find Astrology and Numerology, and Psychology among my biggest interests. For those of you have know of such things I'm a Gemini with a Pisces moon, life path 5, expression is 9, personality is 8, maturity is 5, balance is 3, planes of expression: physical, mental, and intuitive are 6, emotional is 9. Subconscious self is 7.

Being a person of freedom I am of course the biggest critic and skeptic you could hope to find, but I am also one who worries. Worry is a bad thing, but it is very strategic in that it prepares one for every eventuality. Expecting the unexpected if you will. As skeptical as I am there is not a single thing in my report from 123numerology I disagree with. I was very surprised recently when I got my report that it would describe me so perfectly, because of how unique I am.

In this same way I found myself preparing for every contingency in the spiritual world. Reincarnation, heaven, or simply death. This is good because its important not to lose perspective and take those things too seriously.

There is much I could say about my journey in these matters, but I will say this: there is a distinct possibility the divine split itself into us to experience life in all its forms. When exploring reincarnation I was tempted with the viewpoint we will all be reconciled therefore the evil are merely those who are enjoying their time the most. Regardless of this when I stripped away every spiritual belief I saw that the real me could never be that way, though it is also not overly good.

Deep down I believe in the good of humanity and I want everyone to be passionate, awake, and alive, and inspired about their life like me. Those who consider themselves dead inside will never relate to me.

I do feel lonely at times and indeed the need for love has taken its toll on me, but part of the human experience is knowing sorrow.

Catharsis is that perfect feeling of paradise we seek. Although it means to release it is also climax. To me it is more then any of these meanings. To me it is the wisdom through which one can maximize their appreciation of things. The darker the darkness, the brighter the light. The stars don't shine till the sky is painted black.

There are two types of women I am attracted to:

1) The fiery type with a tricky mind. She is my intellectual equal and creative to a point that love with her without almost always take on new and exciting dimensions.

2) The deep feeling type, often unpopular and having endured hardships. When I see her I am instantly driven by a desire to make her happy, but its not to be confused with pity. For she understands me in a significant way and understands the lessons of humility and depth of emotions.

Were I meet someone who combined these two types I would be shouting her name from the rooftops.

Anyway, I plan to come back to this. I know isn't it very insightful but I wanted to make something basic because its rude of me to start posting here without an introduction and that is what I have done.

One more thing: regarding my viewpoints. As much as I value harmony and resent conflict it is the skeptics I need most in my life. They present the obstacles I need to consider in my answers. I want you all to know that regardless what you think of me I love you guys. There are few contacts in my life right now I am hoping to make some significant connections, maybe even here.

I believe in a simple philosophy of give and you will eventually be given to. Though I feel this has been perverted by money, there is nothing we can do expect work with what we have and make the world a better place. I know I seem like an optimist here, but I do have an overbearing pessimistic side.

So if some of you need a friend I am willing to give of myself in a manner most sincere, unlike the meager efforts of those who claim they care. I am not thinking of myself at all right now, only in the delight I would have to have helped someone. I've lived a great deal of my life for my own enjoyment, thus I am brought to tears if ever I feel I have helped someone.

Welcome Steven

More about me - LIVING IN MY HEAD

Everything in life is a sensation, and the brain is what interprets that sensation. I've imagined myself in countless situations, as countless characters, even as the opposite sex. In a way I'm the god of my own world.

Imagine what life would be like if we had a virtual world such as the holodeck on Star Trek. In that case why not be a saint? The outer life is free to become efficient as all desires are satisfied from within. Having a child would become a genetic decision. One could be outwardly free of all sins, yet know them all from within.

This is the lesson solitude has taught me. This along with my passion for psychology and capability to generate climatic emotions and maximize appreciation at all times is why I feel I would make a good partner.

I am able to commit to my partner with a level of devotion and obedience that is more then they can handle. My energy level is literally through the roof. Of course I can't just explode all over her, the key is to take it slow and make the little things significant. I'm also creative to a point that it might seem like waking up to a new person everyday, but underneath all of it I'm still the same person and I'm still the absolute devotee of the one I am with.

I know I don't have much real experience, but my understanding of what is real is very close and in many ways more then most others will learn.

I find everyone beautiful so appearance isn't big with me. I do like long hair more then short. The things I hate most are anger problems, closemindedness, and lack of emotions. Also being secretive and stabbing people in the back.

I'm a Gemini and tend to relate to everyone. There is a side that loves and a side that hates all things. Still I do need someone who can learn to appreciate my interests. I'm the type who loves someone because of their mind and their feelings. I'm more on the giving side of love then the taking side. My ideal mate is also my best friend.

I approach life with a sense of boredom. I might as well do this or I might as well do that. Either way I'll have some fun. Sometimes I feel more inclined to do one thing or the other, but for the most part I could go either way. I'm sure I could have fun with just about anybody. However I would insist on exploring my interests with a partner, perhaps in an attempt to relive the nostalgia from my past.

I really love to show people things. Games, music, videos, whatever I'm into. I get a real jolt out of showing that to someone else especially if they haven't seen it before. I don't know why I just enjoy it.

welcome

i'm a leo.
what are you worried about steven?

lol i love the two types of women you like description. That's nice.

jales said:
i'm a leo.
what are you worried about steven?

My foster dad is a Leo. We generally get along, but it has its movements.

What am I worried about? What ARENT I worried about?

Worry is a way of life for me. Its a general making a battle plan for every possible contingency. When I move I strike from a place that considers every little thing. Anyone can do this, but not everyone has a talent or deep tendency to do so. The down side is most of that worrying is for naught.

Thankfully I take consolation in who I am. If I'm ever not sure of myself it won't be for long. I tend to be lazy though. I need to get much more active physically and in the world. Lately I've just been getting motivated.

lol if you meant the mood thing I don't change it enough. Right now I'm talkative and inspired. BTW what does Index mean?

Latest posts

Back