New Guy Here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newfieguy

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I’ve joined this site as I’ve been trying to find a place to belong for a very long time. I have always felt lonely even in a crowd of loved ones in my life.

Some background about me:

I’ve always been incredibly shy. I was diagnosed in adulthood with social anxiety and generalized anxiety.

I’ve also had some other issues. My dad was an alcoholic which made some of my childhood difficult. Also had issues with friends messing with my head in childhood. Ended up retreating from most of my classmates and putting up a lot of barriers.

I wasn’t exempt from rough experiences as an adult either. Most of my relationships have been toxic or abusive. I had a long term ex who abused me through most of my 20s.

I’ve been to therapy and on medication for a lot of these things. I just have a lot of barriers put up and I tend to have a hard time expressing emotion for those I care about. I also prefer a lot of alone time though it ends up still making me feel lonely.

Right now, I’m in my early 30s. I’m married with two kids. Everything seems to be going great, but still I have this overwhelming feeling of isolation and loneliness.

I’ve always had this drive for belonging and finding a place in this world. But sometimes the loneliness and solitude can be very comforting. I’m my own walking contradiction.

Right now, I’m in my early 30s. I’m married with two kids. Everything seems to be going great, but still I have this overwhelming feeling of isolation and loneliness.
You seem to be ticking boxes. So all is not lost.
Loneliness is the human condition. So don't blame yourself for feeling that way.
Maybe it's a sign you need to explore and search for something new. I don't know. Just keep up the self belief. We are all on the lonely road. Remember that.

Latest posts

Back