Chivarly is dead.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how this can be an insult to someone's independence. It's very sweet of a guy to hold the door I think. Doesn't mean that you're unable to open that door yourself, it's just a nice gesture on their part. And not everyone does it "to get into panties".

Satyr said:
VanillaCreme said:
My point was that a guy doesn't have to push in a chair for me for me to care about him or like him. Or he doesn't have to open a door for me to respect him.

It just seems like to me some people use chivalry and act phony because they want to make a statement that's not true. Some guys use it for a few weeks, for a couple of months, and then when they are comfortable enough, the true colors show, and they act like jerks.

I tend to hold doors open for people, but that's never been gender exclusive. It's just polite.

As far as the chair thing goes, I don't recall ever doing that on a date. That almost seems insulting to me...like I'm casually insinuating that she's too stupid to figure out how to sit down. I'd might as well cut her food, wipe her mouth and burp her as well.

Lolol. That's all I'm saying. Sometimes it seems like guys do it because they somehow think we can't. I've held doors open too. I'm just nice like that, and I don't care... It's a door... Most you don't even have to open yourself anymore.

VanillaCreme said:
That's all I'm saying. Sometimes it seems like guys do it because they somehow think we can't.

That thought never crossed my mind. As of yet i have never come up to a building that had a flock of females stuck outside puzzling on how to get a door open.

Minus said:
That thought never crossed my mind. As of yet i have never come up to a building that had a flock of females stuck outside puzzling on how to get a door open.

Just the blondes...

Someone had to say it. :rolleyes:

It's okay Van. There's nothing wrong with you wanting to do things
for yourself. I admire that very much in some women.
I honor and respect your wishes of how you want to be treat by a
man

The truth is Van...I don't really know exactly what women want all the time.
It's not that I don't know how to open doors for women..and it's not
that I can't comprehend that certain women wants to pay their own way.

I'm a music and a guitar player...I can play veriouse types of music or style.
I know how to shift gears...or play in beat , off beat or whatever beat.

It's the when ?????? and how and when you want it...lol

As long as you're striagth forward and communitate of what you want...
I don't see any problems at all.

Latest posts

Back