Chronic Indecisiveness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like I do, but im not sure if one would classify it as cronic though. I cant decide where I want to eat, where I want to go to college, what I want to major in, what I should believe in, what brand of chips I should get.

People hate asking me what I want to do/eat/ ect. because my answer is always "I dont care". I know one reason im indecicive on the larger issues is because I want to always make the "correct" decision. I want to be sure that whatever I do I never have to regret the decision. The obvious flaw being that there is no way to see the future and success is never a guarantee.

Any major decision ends up with me overthinking every little detail and end the end I'm never happy with what I choose because I have not convinced myself its the 'best' choice.

On the small scale I dont know what my problem is lol. After much debate I can finally decide where I want to eat lunch. I go in the restaurant and get in line only to decide I dont want to eat here after all, so I leave and drive elsewhere.

Yes and no. I'm not trying to be funny, but it seems I'm most indecisive when I'm here or communicating through email.

It's sometimes difficult to convey things through text (emotions, inflection, humor , etc). I'm always second guessing what I've written and trying to insure it makes some kind of sense. :/

Not really a problem for me...quite a while ago, after talking to lots of people and reading a lot about it, I decided that the problems arising from indecisiveness are worse than the problems that come from "shooting from the hip," so to speak.

I think it's better to make a snap decision based on common sense. If it fails, admit to the failure and do better next time. If it doesn't fail, well, hey--you look pretty awesome! I think more people should learn to trust their gut and stop second-guessing themselves! Most people can make good, fast, common sense decisions...they just get stuck in that muddy track of over-analyzing everything.

----Steve

Oh I suffer from chronic indecisiveness very, very often but usually on trivial matters - like what I'm gonna eat or where to go for things etc. To the point that my family calls me Ms Fickle minded. I think it's probably because I consider too many options, and the sheer volume of choices sends me in a flurry of indecisiveness on which option should I take.

I'm a bit like this muppet character I used to watch when I was a kid. I can't remember which muppet show it was...but that character would get really confused, go "OMG OMG OMG", runs left, runs right and the faint from sheer confusion of choices.

No, I don't, sorry >.> But I don't *have to* make a lot of decisions at all. As in, my life is pretty straightforward at the moment, and I'm afraid to change it.

I'm not really indecisive. I can be paradoxically apathetic and impulsive though, so people sometimes think I may be indecisive if they cacth me in an apathetic phase. That can cause a whole slew of different problems.

i use to be. i made screen names about my indecision and put a lot of focus on it. normally through jokes and comments. but really, i knew what i wanted. it just took awhile for it to become something i supported. i think it comes from confidence. its not so much that youre uncertain of a decision, as much as youre unwilling to support the decision yourself. instead of it being should i or shouldnt i, focus more on how youre going to do it and do you think you can. if you have optimism and an attitude to do anything, its easier to make a decision and follow through. when you dont, it can be a lot harder with so much doubt.

i think work helped me. i do a lot of receiving and inventory. ive taken thousands of items out of location, and reorganized them in a way that i felt was best. the before and after makes me proud to work there. specially dealing with $20+ items. lol. ive won awards for my processing, and ive helped train store owners. it wasnt something that just happened for me, but came with experience.

I just hate making decisions. I usually just tell people that they are the captain and that I dont care... Usually people find it charming for a little while... then they think it's a pain in the ass haha

I don't have much of a knack for making decisions either...

I get indecisive a lot about things, and when I do I tend to completely avoid the issue until I have resolved it.

The biggest of this indecisiveness is what kind of job do I want... and as of yet I still am living at home unemployed, completely avoiding the issue...

Yep I certainly do. I can't decide what to wear, or what to do or what I want.

I can usually tell you a LOT of things that I don't want or don't like or don't want to do....but then I still can't narrow it down to be able to pin point what I want. It is bloody annoying.

Latest posts

Back