Intrusive thoughts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hereward87

Reaction score
Does anybody else struggle with these.

I have gotten them throughout most of my life

I guess. I imagine they are a part of most people. It is something of a barometer for crazy. If you have them but stay them off, it's likely you still have your sanity. If you let them take control of you, well, that is sort of the definition of crazy.

Does anybody else struggle with these.

I have gotten them throughout most of my life

Yeah, off and on. I call them "Intrusive Morbid Thoughts".

I even made a thread about it here, see if maybe anything in there helps you:

https://www.alonelylife.com/threads/please-help-intrusive-morbid-thoughts.33145/
Mostly what happens is my mind will tell me that I wish bad things on those I care about. It's really stupid and annoying but I guess it is just enough that I fear that it's true.

It usually happens when I'm more stressed out, tired, annoyed/irritated, or uncomfortable in some way.

What helps me is staying busy (then I'm too busy to have the thoughts, and after a while I notice that I haven't had them), or NOT letting myself get stuck on them - just reminding myself when I have them, that these thoughts are just a bad habit, just a response to stress or discomfort, and not my real thoughts or feelings.

Latest posts

Back