Oh that big hole

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sometimes

Reaction score
Anybody else have a big empty hole that they can't seem to fill?

I think I'm pretty good at not letting it show. I don't want to be called needy.

The big empty holes in my life are, a romantic relationship, a skilled career, and being good at something, to make me an interesting person.

At some point I realized that consuming entertainment, and random information, was just not enough - not to make me a complete person, with a complete life.

I'm not saying that I NEVER want to watch TV, movies, surf the Internet, listen to music, or play video games again. It's just that those things work better as side interests. You have to have something you do in the real world, as your main. At least, I think I do. I think it's what I've always been missing because I didn't think I was interested, and I didn't think I could do it.

Last edited:
The big empty holes in my life are, a romantic relationship, a skilled career, and being good at something, to make me an interesting person.

At some point I realized that consuming entertainment, and random information, was just not enough - not to make me a complete person, with a complete life.

I'm not saying that I NEVER want to watch TV, movies, surf the Internet, listen to music, or play video games again. It's just that those things work better as side interests. You have to have something you do in the real world, as your main. At least, I think I do. I think it's what I've always been missing because I didn't think I was interested, and I didn't think I could do it.
I think many on here are in the same boat. Wish i could say something that would help you.

Anybody else have a big empty hole that they can't seem to fill?

I think I'm pretty good at not letting it show. I don't want to be called needy.
Like a lot of other people, finding professional satisfaction. I don't need to have my dream job, partly because I still don't even know what that is, but I do want a job/career that:
1.) provides enough financial security for me to pursue travel, hobbies, etc. Getting rich isn't the goal.
2.) I can succeed in
3.) causes minimal stress

I've also never felt comfortable in my own skin or adhering to gender stereotypes. Eventually, I want to gain the confidence in taking risks with fashion/appearance. I've worn a few feminine garments out, but I have a LONG way to go with this. And no, this is *not* the same as transitioning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back