Comic Book Geeks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Are there any Comic Book Geeks besides me on the forum?

I'm really into Green Lantern Comics by DC Comisc

Anyone like DC? or even Marvel or Darkhorse?

Even Manga is cool wid me :p

Talk about your love of comics :D

Isnt Hal Jordan cool? :D

top10-greenlantern.jpg

greenLantern.jpg

green_lantern.jpg

green_lantern_3.jpg

green_lantern_rebirth2.jpg

My favorite comic book characters seem to be the guys with no real powers. Nick Fury, Frank Castle, Judge Dredd, Sgt. Rock... odd that.

Only two guys with powers I really dig were Lobo (discontinued like a decade ago) and Cable (Or whatever he's involved in).

I also read the occasionally horror comic, Tales from Uranus, 30 Days of Night, The Walking Dead, other such things.

I've collected a few other ones but generally fell off, a lot of Image comics like Pitt, The Darkness, stuff like that. Gets hard to keep up sometimes.

I also like a lot of mini series, Watchmen, Crisis on Infinite Earths (Still trying to play catch up on the Age of Apocalypse and Civil War), Wanted, The Infinity Wars, The Ultimates, and so forth.

I used to read Heavy Metal a lot back in the day, I remember liking that a lot.

Also, booo on comic book movies.

I've been wondering about this for a while: what is so geeky about comic books?

I like manga, but I've never been a fan of American 2-D superheroes.

gyneco said:
I've been wondering about this for a while: what is so geeky about comic books?

I like manga, but I've never been a fan of American 2-D superheroes.

Are there 3-D heroes out there somewhere in comic land?

I've always been a HUGE comic and super hero fan. I even have DC hero checks! 5 rotating designs. Batman, Superman, Green Lantern (Hal Jordon is the only true GL as far as I'm concerned), Flash and Wonder Woman. (Yes, I'll be 40 this spring and have comic book characters on my checks. lmao!) I also have 8 cases of bagged comics from the '80s and '90s including the first year of Spawn and the first couple years of that run of X-Men (I have all 5 versions of the cover for #1) and I even have a sealed copy of The Death Of Superman issue, although I admit it won't ever be worth anything near what everyone thought it would be. lol My favorites are Batman (I have quite a few of the old Batman - Detective series) and Wolverine. I can't wait for May when the new movie comes out. That's actually the majority of my VHS and DVD collection as a matter of fact.

Ok, now see what you've gone and done? Two things that get me rambling more than anything else. Comics and cars.

Unacceptance said:
My favorite comic book characters seem to be the guys with no real powers. Nick Fury, Frank Castle, Judge Dredd, Sgt. Rock... odd that.

Only two guys with powers I really dig were Lobo (discontinued like a decade ago) and Cable (Or whatever he's involved in).

I also read the occasionally horror comic, Tales from Uranus, 30 Days of Night, The Walking Dead, other such things.

I've collected a few other ones but generally fell off, a lot of Image comics like Pitt, The Darkness, stuff like that. Gets hard to keep up sometimes.

I also like a lot of mini series, Watchmen, Crisis on Infinite Earths (Still trying to play catch up on the Age of Apocalypse and Civil War), Wanted, The Infinity Wars, The Ultimates, and so forth.

I used to read Heavy Metal a lot back in the day, I remember liking that a lot.

Also, booo on comic book movies.

daredevil and the crow movies are good and the tales from the crypt movies.
the tv series is awesome, i got them all on dvd.
you might like the new punisher movie, it's got all the violence and gore.
i havnt watched it yet, so it might be shite :p
but it looks okay.

View attachment 2

Attachments

• punisher-teaser-poster-big.jpg
    punisher-teaser-poster-big.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 2
Any of you guys like the cartoon versions of comics? I love most of them. Not too sure about this new Batman - The Brave And The Bold series yet. And I'm not a huge fan of the last Fantastic 4 cartoon, but I still watch it. lol I love most of the other ones like the Justice League and Batman cartoons that they linked together (very well imo) and then the later The Batman cartoon.

I wish they'd try a Punisher cartoon or even live action show.

LonelyDragon said:
Any of you guys like the cartoon versions of comics? I love most of them. Not too sure about this new Batman - The Brave And The Bold series yet. And I'm not a huge fan of the last Fantastic 4 cartoon, but I still watch it. lol I love most of the other ones like the Justice League and Batman cartoons that they linked together (very well imo) and then the later The Batman cartoon.

I wish they'd try a Punisher cartoon or even live action show.

A punisher cartoon would be awesome and i love the batman :D

punisher said:
but it looks okay.

No, the Punisher movie ******* sucked. Terribly.

Unacceptance said:
punisher said:
but it looks okay.

Which one? The one from '89, '04 or '08? The one from '04 was better than the first one by far (which actually wasn't very hard. lol) but I haven't seen the one from last year. (Punisher - War Zone) I've heard it's better. I would think with the run of comic book based movies lately and the luck they've been having it should be.

LonelyDragon said:
Unacceptance said:
punisher said:
but it looks okay.

Which one? The one from '89, '04 or '08? The one from '04 was better than the first one by far (which actually wasn't very hard. lol) but I haven't seen the one from last year. (Punisher - War Zone) I've heard it's better. I would think with the run of comic book based movies lately and the luck they've been having it should be.

Unacceptance told me before they all suck :p
I loved the 04 version, they should of got tom jane back for the new one.

the xmen movies now those were comic book movies done right all of them were great
i loved saturday moring cartoons spiderman xmen and batme were my favorites,

green latern is pretty awesome too, hey did anyone ever watch the show static shock on kwkbb years ago? that show was pretty sweet as well

:D

evanescencefan91 said:
the xmen movies now those were comic book movies done right all of them were great

green latern is pretty awesome too, hey did anyone ever watch the show static shock on kwkbb years ago? that show was pretty sweet as well

How were they done right? A bunch of them conflicted with what's in the comics.

evanescencefan91 said:

Yes I did! That was a great show too. Done by the same people (WB) who did the Batman and Justice League cartoons that ended up linked together. Batman Beyond too. In fact they've linked all of those together in crossover episodes of Justice League Unlimited.

Unacceptance said:

In what way? Granted, there were some things in even the comics themselves that didn't always mesh right. That's a problem that often occurs when a title spans such a large time span and has so many different writes. Not to mention all the different versions of the group such as X-Men and Unlimited X-Men.

I know there were some differences because they changed some of the characters ages such as Rogue and Iceman making them younger students rather than key founding members.

LonelyDragon said:
evanescencefan91 said:

Yes I did! That was a great show too. Done by the same people (WB) who did the Batman and Justice League cartoons that ended up linked together. Batman Beyond too. In fact they've linked all of those together in crossover episodes of Justice League Unlimited.

Unacceptance said:

In what way? Granted, there were some things in even the comics themselves that didn't always mesh right. That's a problem that often occurs when a title spans such a large time span and has so many different writes. Not to mention all the different versions of the group such as X-Men and Unlimited X-Men.

I know there were some differences because they changed some of the characters ages such as Rogue and Iceman making them younger students rather than key founding members.

Ages, relationships, powers, backstory, there are different continuums in the comics, I understand, but my question still stands, how were they done right?

i just thought the xmen movies were really good, fun to watch and exciting

what more can you ask for, wel lyou know unless of course you know they come to life and take you out on a date,

ah that would be a good day

:)

thats all

It must be a disapointment to comic book fans, but for people not into comics wont know the difference. They should try to make them right for comic book fans, but they dont. Without those fans there would'nt be any comic book movies.

I'm still trying to think of what was so different really. I'm going over each character that I remember from the movies and comparing them to what I know of the book characters in my head. Of course I haven't had a chance to really sit down and watch the 3rd one yet, and haven't seen the 1st 2 in quite some time. From what I remember they did a really decent job, even having Stan Lee involved with not only those 3 movies, but all 3 Spiderman movies, DareDevil, The Hulk, FF and I think Iron Man.

One other thing that hinders making them into movies is that they have had years to build on characters and only a very short time to introduce as many of their aspects as possible in the movies so that people unfamiliar with them will get at least an idea of who they are. I think in some cases they may have "combined" characters in order to save some of that time.

Also, some characters in comic books have been "reintroduced" - Sometimes more than once. When that happens they often get a new background history as well.

Latest posts

Back