Computer problem!! need help please!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand why this has turned into such a big deal. He found it in the **** BIN, maybe the person who own it before hand binned it cause it was so ******* slow - it kinda fits nicely in today's throw away society. Weather it's loaded with trojans/virus's/root kits or illegal software is irrelevant, wipe/replace the HDD, problem solved.

An if you have to wipe it, use the gutmann method if you're paranoid enough.

9006 said:
I don't understand why this has turned into such a big deal. He found it in the **** BIN, maybe the person who own it before hand binned it cause it was so ******* slow - it kinda fits nicely in today's throw away society. Weather it's loaded with trojans/virus's/root kits or illegal software is irrelevant, wipe/replace the HDD, problem solved.

I don't mean to sound argumentative 9006. But throwing a computer away because it's too slow? It would have to be something pretty bad to go that far and chuck it. Then again, I guess it could be some pissed off parent or something sick of their child being up to no good on it maybe.

ladyforsaken said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Not every police officer is a bad one. Some of them are the good guys, you know...

Some are.... but not many, I gather. :\

That is a stereotype.

From my experience, if you treat most police officers with respect, and don't break the law, they will leave you alone.

I don't know what it's like to be a police officer, but I imagine having to witness murders, crime scenes, and risk being shot at and murdered yourself on a daily basis would make you kind of cold and cynical to the world.

LoneKiller, I'm about ready to junk the old 2004 Desktop I have. Despite me installing a new hard drive, and installing a really light Ubuntu linux onto it, it takes 20 mins to even boot up, and then another 20 mins to even get on Facebook. Forget trying to install new software on it, it's at a snail's pace. I imagine it's the hardware inside the tower (and it was my Grandma's computer, and she wasn't up to anything except recipes and crafts.)

LoneKiller said:
I don't mean to sound argumentative 9006. But throwing a computer away because it's too slow? It would have to be something pretty bad to go that far and chuck it. Then again, I guess it could be some pissed off parent or something sick of their child being up to no good on it maybe.

Like I explained; these days it's common practice to upgrade an throw away, especially if it's "broken" or "old".

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
ladyforsaken said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Not every police officer is a bad one. Some of them are the good guys, you know...

Some are.... but not many, I gather. :\

That is a stereotype.

From my experience, if you treat most police officers with respect, and don't break the law, they will leave you alone.

I don't know what it's like to be a police officer, but I imagine having to witness murders, crime scenes, and risk being shot at and murdered yourself on a daily basis would make you kind of cold and cynical to the world.

LoneKiller, I'm about ready to junk the old 2004 Desktop I have. Despite me installing a new hard drive, and installing a really light Ubuntu linux onto it, it takes 20 mins to even boot up, and then another 20 mins to even get on Facebook. Forget trying to install new software on it, it's at a snail's pace. I imagine it's the hardware inside the tower (and it was my Grandma's computer, and she wasn't up to anything except recipes and crafts.)
It takes a special kind of person to be a cop. You would have to be very thick-skinned to deal with all that day after day. Myself, I wouldn't make a good cop. If some jerk spit in my face or something as I was arresting them, I don't think I could keep my patience. Being a cop is tough.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
That is a stereotype.

The police are not the same in different parts of the world, some places have corruption going on an things like that. Luckily it's not something that happens so much where I am.. though there has been some instances.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Why would you assume this? Have you had bad experiences with the police?

No bad experiences but I live in a small, quiet city. If you read the news you'll see all the reported cases of police brutality. It's becoming an increasing trend in law enforcement. It's not just "a few bad apples" either. There are only a handful of good cops left.

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:

Like I explained; these days it's common practice to upgrade an throw away, especially if it's "broken" or "old".
My computer is as slow as a three legged turtle at times, but I haven't ever considered trashing it. Then again, it's only a year old maybe.

LoneKiller said:
My computer is as slow as a three legged turtle at times, but I haven't ever considered trashing it. Then again, it's only a year old maybe.

My guess is that it's still full of the shite they load it with when you first buy it. Best thing to do once you buy a new laptop (providing you didn't pay extra for software) is wipe it, otherwise you end up with tons of bulky software an trials.

I always remove the hidden backup partition too that leeches 20gig of drive space an is the most inefficient crap ever anyway.

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:

My guess is that it's still full of the shite they load it with when you first buy it. Best thing to do once you buy a new laptop (providing you didn't pay extra for software) is wipe it, otherwise you end up with tons of bulky software an trials.

I always remove the hidden backup partition too that leeches 20gig of drive space an is the most inefficient crap ever anyway.
I'll be honest. It did come with a lot of crap I never use, so I uninstalled a lot of it with Revo.

LoneKiller said:
I'll be honest. It did come with a lot of crap I never use, so I uninstalled a lot of it with Revo.

They mostly do, some software companies pay them to load computers with their trial an other honeysuckle, kinda like advertising.

9006 said:
LoneKiller said:

They mostly do, some software companies pay them to load computers with their trial an other honeysuckle, kinda like advertising.
You got that right. I have gaming consoles, the Vizzed.com site, and emulators. Somehow I don't think games like Klondike and Solitaire that come already installed are going to divert my attention from Tekken 6 and MK. lol

When I bought my latest gadget, that tablet computer I've been raving about, I saw that there was something bundled with it called "Smart Remote." Oh cool, me thought, I can program it to my tv, and then I will never lose my remote!

I set the thing up, it says it's programmed, then it crashes every time I try to run it. "Sorry, it has encountered an error."

I uninstalled the **** thing, because it didn't work.

The police are not the same in different parts of the world, some places have corruption going on an things like that. Luckily it's not something that happens so much where I am.. though there has been some instances.

This is very true. I used to live in Downtown Cincinnati, and let me tell you that the police have a reputation down there for brutality. Especially in the poor neighborhoods...I suppose, because there is a lot of gang related violence, police shoot first and ask questions later, but if you want to be murdered and have the police not be held responsible for your death, walk in downtown Cincinnati at certain parts of the day.

Seriously, lol, how did police come into this... Who would turn in a piece of garbage to the authorities... They'd probably throw it away themselves.

9006 said:

Also, I agree with 9006... Seriously, it's a Mac. That's why it's in the trash. If it's slower than the concrete curing in the Hoover Dam... Yeah, the rightful place of it is in a trash bin. What's the big deal in this... I don't understand.

Latest posts

Back