Computer slows down towards end of each month.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tiina63 said:
My technician friend checked my ISP and said that now all their accounts are unlimited. She said it could be my router as my computer worked well with her router.

Unplug your router a few momends, restart it and you will know if it is the router.

Tiina63 said:
My technician friend checked my ISP and said that now all their accounts are unlimited. She said it could be my router as my computer worked well with her router.

When most companies say unlimited, it's usually just a very large cap. So, it doesn't sound like it's the internet itself. It's just odd to me that it's only at the end of the month. There's nothing in a computer that slows down specifically at a certain point of the month. Is there another router/modem that you could test with your connection and computer?

Yeah, what V said. And even if they limit how much you can download in a month it usually never slows you down, you just get billed extra for it, even if you have unlimited some companies cap your download usage.

It just seems weird that it does it at the end of the month, it almost seems like you have something on your computer that activates at that time.

Sci-Fi said:
It just seems weird that it does it at the end of the month, it almost seems like you have something on your computer that activates at that time.

Ah, maybe anti-virus scans? Are there any scans that are scheduled to start at that time? Mine are scheduled to start weekly at a given time.

My friend said that the fact that it happens towards the end of the month is irrelevant but I disagree, as it seems to be too much of a coincidence. I wonder as well if there is something on my computer which activates then, but she didn't find anything. She said I could borrow her router for a day to see if it will work but as a new month is coming up,I will wait till later in the month before borrowing it as probably my computer will be ok again on Monday 2nd.
I thought as well that if I went over, I would just be billed mroe as well as I once knew someone this happened to.
I am having absolutely no problems with this site-it is working as well as it does when my computer is ok.

Tiina63 said:
My friend said that the fact that it happens towards the end of the month is irrelevant but I disagree, as it seems to be too much of a coincidence. I wonder as well if there is something on my computer which activates then, but she didn't find anything. She said I could borrow her router for a day to see if it will work but as a new month is coming up,I will wait till later in the month before borrowing it as probably my computer will be ok again on Monday 2nd.
I thought as well that if I went over, I would just be billed mroe as well as I once knew someone this happened to.
I am having absolutely no problems with this site-it is working as well as it does when my computer is ok.

never mind your friend.

instead of wasting your time, contact your internet provider as I have suggested, isp
They will tell you if you have passed your monthly limit exactly to end your dillema.
madera

Latest posts

Back